• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When do you start to feel normal?

Thank you for that so its normal to feel rubbish at the moment then? Just want to make sure there's nothing wrong? Day 3 and I still wanna stay in bed but better get up as its my birthday and may have people coming over which quite honestly I wish wasn't happening the way I feel. Especially as I haven't told all of them not sure how I'll explain my rubbish health at the moment.
:birthday:

Yes try and make yourself get up and enjoy your birthday hon. Take your meds and follow your information they would of given you for post op diet hon.:flowers: Hope you had a wonderful birthday xxx

just like to say congratulations to all who are currently recovering from the surgery and I hope that you don't have too much of a rough ride through the first couple of weeks.
I think I have been very lucky as things have been smooth sailing so far...

Sunderland had us on water the day of the op (I was done at 9am and could have a sip of water at visiting time). Water day 2; yogurt/runny porridge on day 3. I was released early afternoon day 3. Purees from leaving hospital for 4 weeks. I was having casseroles pureed with milky/cheesy Smash - just a couple of teaspoons of each. Introduced eggs week 4 - scrambled/soft poached - 1 is enough. Introduced crackerbread/ryvitas week 3-4 - fine with 1 or 2. Week 8 I tried bread - I slice small wholemeal toasted/half a toasted teacake (OH gets my other half) once or twice a week is going well. I have dumped twice - once on LF vanilla yogurt; once on eating too fast. Not nice - but helps if you can go to bed and sleep it off.

I found very gentle massage of tummy helped to move the gas in the early days - put a towel over your tum/clothing and rub in circles very slowly and gently. Walking around the house helps too.

I also could only lay in bed on my back for the first couple of weeks, so I started to prop myself up - had about five pillows piled behind me and one under my knees to take the pressure off my lower spine. Also had a pillow on my tum to stop my cats from jumping on me! After a couple of weeks, I could lay on my side (opposite to the incisions) propped with a pillow either side. OH was clinging to the edge at this point!

Didn't have too much pain and was of the IV paracetamol on day 2; day 3 stopped all pain relief as I didn't have anything that I couldn't cope with. I popped an incision on day 2 getting up for the loo but they just put another plaster over it and it was fine.

My sister had terrible reaction to anesthetics so I knew what to expect but luckily I wasn't too bad - just a bit of vomiting blood (from the tube) and dizziness on day 1 - right when the visitors were there.

Now three months out and I feel fantastic - lost almost 4 stones and wish I'd done this 10 years ago!

Wishing you all the best of luck in your recovery.

Thank you for all the support I actually feel a fair bit better today managed a whole couple of hours downstairs with the family but get tired so
quick and then back to resting in bed.

Today ive eaten half a sloppy weetabix for breakfast and puréed mash and beans with a tiny bit of quorn sausage and had about 3 or 4 teaspoons. It all went down fine and I was very slow eating it. Don't seem to have an appetite for much and remembering to sip water constantly is always a struggle but I'm getting there and starting to feel a little better day by day.

Well done triedeverthing. I am struggling in drinking water. I think I am only managing a litre. Eventhough its supposed to be 2. All the best hun x

This is amazing Ive always been a very slow loser and am now 1st 2lbs down from my starting weight! I lost 9lbs on the pre-op milk diet but 6lbs already post-op and in only 5 days out!!
It's all worth it!

Hello May ladies, hope you are all doing fine, I am now painkiller free and starting to eat a very small sloppy diet (as per my booklet), I have lost 14lb so far and am v glad I went through with it, although I was a pathetic emotional wreck!

Glad all you lovely ladies are on the road to recovery too!

gems xx

Morning my May friends, Thanx for all your support. Gems That's a great weight-loss, I have also lost 11 lbs since Tuesday. I cant be-leave how quick its dropping off x

Morning my May friends, Thanx for all your support. Gems That's a great weight-loss, I have also lost 11 lbs since Tuesday. I cant be-leave how quick its dropping off x

Wow! Well done you. How are you feeling? Can I just say that I bliddy hate puréed food?!

Or tell me about it lisa em. Roll on 3 week. Feeling a long way better x

Wow that is fantastic weight loss guys well done all of you. I have lost daily too! I will update properly on laptop. I am on about 11 lbs to since tuesday. X oh and sorry caraline hon i answered the msg before i saw your comment. I promise i will not again. Still cross on your behalf though . LOL hugs x x

Ok. Last try. The original comment was to triedeverything. No question just a statement . Caraline said She had mash and philly for her meal, oh and it was yum. You then said jeez and belittled her and went on about breaking the rules. Which was incorrect. As caraline is following our providers diet. I realise you do not see that you Were very rude and judgemental. I was rather hoping you would of apologised to caraline. Good luck with your journey. Hopefully you will be a little Kinder towards others journeys too.

Hey huni, I just wanted to say fair play to you with your responses with regard to the harsh and unnacceptable comments re Caroline's questions about her food.
If I was under the same surgeon and was able to comment I would have said the same as you.
I can't get why someone would be so unsupportive of someone so new to WLS who is just asking for advise.
I know there are so many different providers giving us different menues and advise but we as a WLS group need to understand that and only advise what we know.
I support your honesty and really hope poor Caraline isn't too upset with what has been said.
Hugs x

Wow! Well done you. How are you feeling? Can I just say that I bliddy hate puréed food?!

Did you know you can have low fat low sugar protein shakes for breaki on the puree. I had a cup this morning. It was nice. I added an inch of banana cup of Milk scoop of powder and blended it up smooth. I drank half about 75ml. Made Fish in parsley n Lemon for dinner with mash. Taste was nice But was wierd all puree . Hubbys dinner looked so o much nicer. X x puree peaches and fage greek yogurt was yum though. X x

It doesn't normally happen, but for the first time in 10 years my daughter is at my mums for 3 nights...we have made the most of it ;)

Good morning May ladies and Gents. First off. I caved and weighed in this morning. Could not wait until Saturday. lol Lost 10lbs according to my scales 21st may op day! So total lost so far is 63lbs since the beginning of my journey.. Have to admit that has given me such a boost :) Still a very long way to go. Have to admit I feel pretty normal. I can get 3/4 of a cup of tea comfortably before it is too cold to drink. I am still keeping to the schedule I made. Still not worked out how to get pictures on here. If it helps anyone. I have my mobile set to buzz me for tablets and I carry my notebook with my 'plan' at all times. So I know when to start and stop sipping. Meals are obviously not always to ideal time but within 15 mins of time plan seems to work ok. I found I was very sore after cleaning and moping a patch of floor after our old dog had been poorly girl. She would of done it the day husband has gone back to work! Have not tried ironing yet but watching it pile up! Might invite mum round for a cup of tea ;) I will update food journal later on to the diet pages gastric bypass threads. We have also brought some more clocks so I can see one now in all the main living areas of the house.. I am still getting used to mobilizing my mobile around the house! I hardly used it before now it beeps me through out the day! Good luck all and chin up x we will be out of puree in 3 weeks time :) hugs x
kat
xx

Well done kate. You doing great hun xxx

Back