• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When should i consider Tummy Tuck & breast surgery

Mummyto4

Hi all

Its early days for me as i'm only 4 weeks post surgery but i was just wondering when i should consider cosmetic surgery.

I have had 3 c-section's in 3 years so i already have quite a large 'Over hang' and i know that losing weight will make it worse so should i wait until my weight is static or could i have it sooner? Also having breast fed 3 children my boobs need doing so again any advice on when i should consider surgery?

Thank you

Hi all

Its early days for me as i'm only 4 weeks post surgery but i was just wondering when i should consider cosmetic surgery.

I have had 3 c-section's in 3 years so i already have quite a large 'Over hang' and i know that losing weight will make it worse so should i wait until my weight is static or could i have it sooner? Also having breast fed 3 children my boobs need doing so again any advice on when i should consider surgery?

Thank you

I cant help with advice as i'm pre opper, but noted that you had had c sections.. I have had two normal sized babies but my bump was enormose they thought i was having quads as i measured up at 16 weeks nearly 43cm and by week 37 i was already 59cm so i have a really large "apron" too and going for the bypass but can't afford to pay for a tt or anything like that i just wondered if you knew anything about c-section muscle collapse? if the problem is due to the c section or just because i'm big x the top of my tummy under my breasts still sticks out the same as when i was pregnant and has not gone back at all, it literly looks like my insides are only being held back by skin :cry::cry:hope your well take care xx

I agree with Clair. Wait until your weight is stable to achieve best results

I think most wont touch you until you get to a "healthy" BMI of about 30 or below.....plus for NHS funding I believe you normally have to prove you are maintaining the weightloss for a certain amount of time too

I think you will find that 12 months post op is an absolute minimum . . . xx

I think most wont touch you until you get to a "healthy" BMI of about 30 or below.....plus for NHS funding I believe you normally have to prove you are maintaining the weightloss for a certain amount of time too

All PCTs are different Madstaffieblonde started plastics before she was a year out without maintaining.
I have been told that my BMI has to be 25 or below without maintaining by my PCT
BUT if I changed to a GP in my neighbouring PCT (I live on the border) I could get it done with a BMI of 27 again without maintaining.

I cant help with advice as i'm pre opper, but noted that you had had c sections.. I have had two normal sized babies but my bump was enormose they thought i was having quads as i measured up at 16 weeks nearly 43cm and by week 37 i was already 59cm so i have a really large "apron" too and going for the bypass but can't afford to pay for a tt or anything like that i just wondered if you knew anything about c-section muscle collapse? if the problem is due to the c section or just because i'm big x the top of my tummy under my breasts still sticks out the same as when i was pregnant and has not gone back at all, it literly looks like my insides are only being held back by skin :cry::cry:hope your well take care xx

OMG how big was your babies. i had huge bumps with all my children but not quite that big.

I can't really offer any advice but what i will say is the top of my abdomen under my boobs did stick out after having my kids but since the surgery and weight loss this has gone down quite a lot, its not flat but it is defiantly getting there so hopefully that is just due to being over weight, hopefully that will be the same in your case.

Thank you all for your advice and help. I know it is far too early but i just wanted to get an idea

my PCT will NOT fund plastic if you have had WLS!!!

i had my TT when i had been at my target weight for about 18 months...

i was told it is best to be at target and to have been there for about a yr..as 1. when big we grow large blood vessels...and these can be troublesome during extensive cutting that is needed with TT..so being at optimum weight give those vessels best chance of shrinkage...

and also the best results are got when at target...

most privately funded plastic can be done at any stage... as they say if youre willing to pay they are willing to take... :eek:

x

OMG how big was your babies. i had huge bumps with all my children but not quite that big.

I can't really offer any advice but what i will say is the top of my abdomen under my boobs did stick out after having my kids but since the surgery and weight loss this has gone down quite a lot, its not flat but it is defiantly getting there so hopefully that is just due to being over weight, hopefully that will be the same in your case.

Thank you all for your advice and help. I know it is far too early but i just wanted to get an idea

Thank you so much for your advice i would really love this pregnancy apperance to disappear lol, looks horrible in anything i wear so now i know yours has gone down that gives me hope, many thanks x My son was born 35 weeks weight 7lb 5oz and my daughter was born at 37 weeks weight 7lb 7oz :eek: xx There my world xx all the best and thank you x

Back