• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When should i start to worry...

FEDup1981

I WILL look like this!!
TMI!!

I last had my bowels open (sorry!!) the day before my op last monday, and nothing since. I dont really feel like i need to, but just a bit concerned.

Ive used one benfibre sachet a day since friday, but nothing.

I used to be very regular, and it slowed down on the pre-op diet. When should i see the doc?

Hate doing posts like this!! :ashamed0005:

Its natural for things to slow down, as you are consuming a lot less. I would double the benefibre to 2 sachets a day until things start moving, and really work at getting your 2 litres of liquids in a day.

My doctor gave me movical I didnt open my bowels for over 2 weeks But now I am using the benefibre

But if you are worried go see you doctor

I find the Benefibre does not make me go it just helps regulate me...I still can go a few days without going but thats mainly due to working shifts and my body clock being out...I would get something from the chemist to get you started then keep up with the benefibre....pain killers can cause constipation....xx

I agree on upping the benefibre one teaspoonful a day didnt work for me I had 3 lots of a teaspoonful in a 1/2 pint of water spread through the day and it worked by the next morning for me and now I have one teapoonful a day and im just fine :eek::eek::eek:

Are you still on strong painkillers? After both my children (c section) I didn't go for about 3 weeks. To start with it was down to painkillers and then because I wasn't drinking enough water.

Thanks, i think ill up the benefibre to 2-3 sachets 2moro and if nothing happens y tues or wed ill go to docs.

Told you im a worrier!

i dont think im drinking enough, but feel i cant drink any more than i am, or id constantly have a drink to my lips. Ive prob had about 1.5L of fluid today if u inc the slim fast shake

PLEASE DON'T take senokot or anything similar unless a doctor tells you it's ok to do so.

It's very soon after surgery for you, and far too soon for any over the counter laxatives.

If you feel constipated, you can have a glycerin suppository which you can buy from the chemist. If you don't feel constipated, stick to the benefibre.

Sorry for the caps but it's important, bypass surgery involves restructuring the intestines and leaves you fragile inside for a while.

agreed senna is classified as an irritant and to be avoided after surgery...please dont use it

It's not a problem Corey, it's a natural thing to suggest when someones feeling bunged up, and if it was a bander, it might be appropriate :)

Thanks girls. I dont feel bunged up yet, but dont want to get to that point so ill up the benefibre 2moro and see if that works. If not ill see the doc. We really do have to be so careful!! xx

Im a bander and was told to avoid it too as it could irritate the "stoma" (the hole in the band) so not for us banders either:eek:

Back