• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

when was your bypass and how much have you lost?

4 months out five and half stone :))

Had the WLS (sleeve) on April 1st 2010. Was 27-28 stone then. Lost 8 stone, and have only this month, put just over a stone back on! Naughty! But to be honest, it's my own fault, eating larger meals when I know I should be aiming at smaller ones, so I've reigned it in a bit, gone on liquids more, smaller meals etc. Hopefully it should help :)

Lost weight quite well visually too, and even in wedding ring size... I was a size Z+2... now I'm a W!

Don't know exactly - I'm too scared to get weighed. I lost 10lbs on preop, (op date 19th Feb) and 1kg after the op on discharge from hospital on 21st Feb; another 3kg by the 8th March (got weighed at GPs) but havent been on the scales since then. I don't have scales at home and keep chickening out when passing the scales in the supermarket pharmacy... I'm too frightened to find out that I haven't lost anything and will feel like a failure (again!).

I was told whilst in hospital that gaining a stone a couple of years post op is a known phenomena, and will happen to a large percentage of patients. Its not necessarily something you are doing "wrong", put part of the wls journey. I think the stats for it is something like 7% regain after 2 years post op, but I'll have to check my facts. Anyway I figured forewarned is forearmed, and that's why I have to make the most of the weight loss now.

I am 5 weeks post op today, and have lost just under 3 stone since the start of the milk diet.

I am almost a year out and have lost 9 stone and been at target for several months. Still loosing gradually though and now a size 10 from a 22!

I lost 9 stone in the seven months leading up to my op.
Since my op in September I have lost just over 5 stone, making a total of 14 stone - yikes!

Don't stress about your own loss, sounds like your doing great :)

Take the plunge, you will be pleasently surprised.

I finally got weighed at the GPs on 16th April - down to 126kg from 140kg on day of op (19th Feb).

My surgery was Feb 18...so I'm almost 10wks out. A lil "dumping" depending on what I eat but other than that...37lbs down.

Hi Everyone,
im 9 weeks out, and i have lost 3 stone 13 pounds. :)

Maz x

I'm also 9 weeks out and have lost 2 stone 12 lbs.

You should all be so proud of yourselves. So inspirational! I hope I can do as well as you guys :) well done x

Back