• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

weightloss after surgery

mrscinders

i had my bypass friday 24th august and its 8 days today since surgery but i have lost half a stone but that was first few days i have lost anything since last wednesday is this normal i am eating 6 meals a day but starting to think maybe thats to much x

It's completely normal its all the swelling, bruising, fluid retention, dehydration and the shock on your body just follow the plan keep sipping and it will start to come off i didnt lose an ounce in the first three weeks!! Xx

thanks x

I had my bypass in Feb 2012. It's a bit early to start measuring yourself against others if your surgery was only 8 days ago. Please try to be patient with the process and the weight will fall off. Please remember the post operative diet instructions are only a guide as everyone is different. Personally I found it very difficult to eat 6 times per day and could only manage 3 small meals initially. I'm sure your experience will be different. Go with what works and stop eating when your new stomach says its had enough. Wishing you all the best. Good luck with the journey.

thank you x

Also remember due to various reasons weight can actually naturally fluctuate up to about 5lbs in a 24 hour period depending on many factors. One of the reasons why they suggest only weighing in once a week :)

Its difficult tho if you do a quick weigh in after having lost some and that its not moved or gone up. Good loss so far tho hun!

thanks kat how much have you lost up to now ? x

I lost 10lbs on my first week post op, 17 on my pre op so 27lbs in total. My weigh in day is thursday, and I actually got a feeling that so far this week, ive not lost any more since thursday . . .I know it will settle out this week . . .

It can be hard when we arent really eating anything to have minimal loss, one of the highlighted sections in my book from my provider details the problems of natural weight fluctuations which can be 3-5lbs per day. So, I am trying to hold off from weighing until thursday . . .

If i had a fiver for everytime i stalled i would be able to pay for my own apronectomy.....It happens all the time this wont be the last time you stall, just keep doing as your told by tour team and you will be just fine xxx

Back