• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

When will i learn?!

alberqueque

Morning all - six weeks on and still regurgitating frequently. When will it click that although i may be hungry i am only able to eat small amounts and stop being greedy? am so cross with myself and frankly quite disgusted. i feel a failure and ashamed.:cry:

Not a failure - yet! :hug99: You need to listen to your body and work with the pouch. If your tum is full, you ain't hungry. It's your old habits and head that is saying you are.

Listen to your tum! And keep talking x

Definately not a failure - you have lost weight! You are just getting used to a new way of life. It's bound to take time. Keep smiling!

gr8 advice red !

Like others have said its a learning curve that does get easier....I find just one mouthful too much and it comes back but after the first couple of months you do get to know when to stop....so like others have said your not a failure your in the learning stages...xx

Jan, dont be ashamed. You have recognised what is happening. I dont know what the feeling of restriction feels like yet, but I guess its fine line between feeling full and over eating. Its going to take a long time to get used to where that line is. xx

Don't feel bad hun. You have just proved that the surgery works. It is a tool and it is doing its job perfectly. Not everyone finds it easy to listen to their body so give yourself a break. You know what you have to do and if being sick will help you learn then all the better. It is a process that takes time and you will get there in the end. Just be patient with yourself and tune into what your body is telling you.

My husband has not had wls and he really struggles with what 'full' should feel like. He thinks only if he is so stuffed he can barely move is really done eating. I have been trying to help him realize that he is technically full way before the discomfort. He is starting to be more sensitive to his body and has lost 20+ pounds in the process. It is a hard thing to know and now your body works differently, you need to have time to adjust.

You can do it & I am sure you will.

Nic;)

Jan in the early days i really struggled as to know what was full or not. I used to put my meal out then put half of it on another plate. i then ate half of it waited 5 mins and if i still felt hungry divide the secon half and do the same. invariably i never finished the last quater and now know without doing this when i have had enough.
Like the others have said its a learning curve and you will get used to it .hth
hc

Hi Jan, I'm 7wks post op and I still have not got used to my new stomach and its signals. The thing I do and it has worked well so far, as I have never had to vomit through eating too much. I have brought a childs fifi and the flowertots plate (I love fifi lol) and I know that I can eat what I put on it, as long as it is not piled up, of course. Have you tried using a smaller plate or is it your mind messing with you, telling you to eat eat eat? My head still messes with me big time!

Hiya Red, hows you chucks? Yeah it really helps, if I had a bigger plate I would fill it, its habit. So the childs plate is just right and as I said I have never vomited or reached my restriction yet. Nor do I want to if it feels like when food gets stuck, or if you eat to fast and too big a mouthful! When I have done the latter I have vomited though! x

Hiya Red, hows you chucks? Yeah it really helps, if I had a bigger plate I would fill it, its habit. So the childs plate is just right and as I said I have never vomited or reached my restriction yet. Nor do I want to if it feels like when food gets stuck, or if you eat to fast and too big a mouthful! When I have done the latter I have vomited though! x

It's a good move for you I think and one tip I will certainly follow. By cutting down the plate size you are automatically cutting down the portion size, so that can only be a good'un eh? x

Hi Jan, I'm 7wks post op and I still have not got used to my new stomach and its signals. The thing I do and it has worked well so far, as I have never had to vomit through eating too much. I have brought a childs fifi and the flowertots plate (I love fifi lol) and I know that I can eat what I put on it, as long as it is not piled up, of course. Have you tried using a smaller plate or is it your mind messing with you, telling you to eat eat eat? My head still messes with me big time!

Im glad im not the only one who has bought a baby dish too!! Ive got a humphrey one and its so cute, just thought it would help my head to adjust to the smaller plate.

While im here, can you tell me if your stomach which has been seperated still gets hungry? I know this sounds mad but although my pouch doesn't feel hungry my other tummy does!

I've heard of that happening with a band, but not bypass. But hey, someone will come along, I'm sure. x

Not sure it is that but I think it may be like Allie says the "head" thing. Its just with nice food so it probably is!!

Back