• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Where do I start

having now lost over eight stone and worried I wont lose anymore, or worse still regain some I know I need to start working with my by pass a little more.

I used to go to a gym and I am thinking about rejoining but not sure if I will go as often as I need to as I like to go to bed early during the week and as I have problems sleeping if I excercise in the evenings I will not sleep.

I walk 30 mins a day at the moment (15 in the morning from the station to work and the same in the evenings)

I would like to start an excercise class but I want to start gently. Any suggestions.

Someone suggested the excercise class at Rosemary Conley but to be honest I really dont feel like I should make her any richer than I have done already. I am on a bit of a rebellion against the diet industry.

I cant swim and want a class when it is not taken too seriously as I once went to Salsa and almost got kicked out because I had two left feet and no co-ordination whatsoever.

So any suggestions.

How about getting a dvd of some kind so that you can go at your own pace, then when you feel ready go back to the gym?

Or get a kettlebell, they're hard work but give you an aerobic and strength workout x

You could buy a wii, some fab & fun exercises on loads of games.

wii fit is the ideal thing , you are having too much fun to realise you are working out - only i end up having to shut my blinds so no one can see in, me wiggling my hips is not for the fainthearted !!!

chris

I'm saying go with the wii fit if you have one or its not too much of a dent in the bank account to invest...

So much fun and when you have your crazy friends round they can make fools of themselves for you to film for youtube :) xx

I use our local council gym and just plug myself into my ipod and do as much as I want to. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I love it. I used to go sometimes when I was 18 stone but it is definitely much more fun being six stone lighter. Good luck!:cool:

How about aqua aerobics ? You don't need to be able to swim to do it. But as you can't swim why don't you ask about adult swimming lessons?

Hi guys, good suggestions thanks. I like the idea of water aerobics as I used to do it before and also maybe check out the local council gym. I will let you know what I do

If you want to do something at home, defiitely try the kettlebell weight with an appropriate dvd. I only got mine yesterday, but I love it! xx

Thanks guys. I like the idea of yoga. I am going to check out the local gyms and see what they have on offer

I have really gotten into pilates at my local gym. Its gentle but effective and I sleep like a log after it (she does a meditation/cool down afterwards). Also, when i got to the gym I always have a steam/sauna/jacuzzi session afterwards which totally relaxes me. Wii fit is great too if you are just getting back into exercise

Back