• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

which milk?

Hannah2

Hi all,

I have to start my pre-op diet this weekend eeeeeekkkk! I have been given 2 pints of milk and then one meal with 75g of chicken and leafy veg/salad but can include onions, tomatoes, cucumber, cauliflower, peppers. So can do things like ratatouille and also cauliflower rice!

Anyway, my question is about the milk - what milk did you have to use for your milk LRD? My sheet says skimmed milk but I hate it! I have asked if I can use the "best of both" milk as there is no more sugar in it than skimmed, (waiting to hear back from nutritionalist) but I just wondered if other people have been able to use semi skimmed on their LRD?

Thanks

H2

Just heard back from nutritionist and can have the best of both so it will be a bit more palatable! I just hate that all info is different between centres!

I had green milk semi skimmed
And was allowed the half half but every hospital different xxx
Ooh wish I could have semi skimmed. Hey ho!

I had semi skimmed too. I quite often have soya or almond milk now but for the LRD I was glad it was something I could get from the corner shop. Good luck x

Same as cassie all we had was milk so needed extra nutrients hence the semi skimmed xxx can't stand milk now xxx

Ah ok, so it was semi skimmed without a meal, just with milk. Guess that makes sense!

I am really worried about being light headed in the day at work with only skimmed milk all day at work! Will have to see how I get on!

Back