• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whit patients...............

Meggie

Did everyone have an ECG on the day of their initial appointments??? I seem to be the only one who didn't so am wondering whether he just forgot to tell me to go and get one!!! Or do you only have one if your blood pressure is high? Or is that nothing to do with it?

Also wondering whether everybody has to have a fitness test? I thought they did but have been told tonight that Heath hasn't referred me for one which sounds strange!

Hi meggie,
I didn't have an ecg and i did have high bp. Had my ecg at pre op assessment. Also, did have fitness test and heath told me everyone has it! So ?!?!?! Hope that helps a little!!!

Hey Meggie

I had an ecg on the same day as my initial appt and also another one just before surgery as the ecg results are only valid for 6 months. Didnt have the bike test as I was too heavy for it - maybe this is why you havent been referred. Wouldnt get too stressed by it as I dont think its an integral part of the preop assessment process. Not like sleep apnea tests or heart echos or anything like that

i didnt have one untill day of op
Dont worry x

Hi Meggie,

I think your age and actual bmi is a consideration too. The younger you are and the lower your bmi the less risk there is.

I had them done 3 months before the op then 2 weeks before the op. But I am in my early 40's and have a high (but shrinking) bmi. I guess blood pressure and cholesterol levels also dictate what tests they will do. Fortunately, I do not have high bp or cholesterol :). Not a wit peep though.

I am with Whit and I have only had phsychological and sleep tests, both negative. is ECG the same as echo? As I am a little concerned at not having had this.

Hey Gemmsie

An echo is an ultrasound of your heart which dictates whether or not your heart is fit enough to withstand an anesthetic. Email Kirsten if you have not had an appt for this yet and you are concerned.

Didn't have an ECG at my initial appointment, but I know I've got an ECG on my pre-op tests this friday (along with MRSA swabs, bloods etc) :).

Hi meggie,
I didn't have an ecg and i did have high bp. Had my ecg at pre op assessment. Also, did have fitness test and heath told me everyone has it! So ?!?!?! Hope that helps a little!!!

Thanks hun! Very useful as you are one of the few other people I know went with Heath aswell so always good to hear from you!! How are things now? Still going well I hope!!!

xxxxxxxx

Hey Meggie

I had an ecg on the same day as my initial appt and also another one just before surgery as the ecg results are only valid for 6 months. Didnt have the bike test as I was too heavy for it - maybe this is why you havent been referred. Wouldnt get too stressed by it as I dont think its an integral part of the preop assessment process. Not like sleep apnea tests or heart echos or anything like that

Thanks hun!!! I emailed Kirsten and now I have my referral for the bike (as I think I was meant to originally!!! ooops!!!). So all is well!! I have it booked for the 24th of November!!

Hi Meggie,

I think your age and actual bmi is a consideration too. The younger you are and the lower your bmi the less risk there is.

I had them done 3 months before the op then 2 weeks before the op. But I am in my early 40's and have a high (but shrinking) bmi. I guess blood pressure and cholesterol levels also dictate what tests they will do. Fortunately, I do not have high bp or cholesterol :). Not a wit peep though.

Ooooooooh hun, just realised your op was on the 20th of Oct. How did it go? I haven't been around much lately so didn't realise you'd had it done. Hope everything went well!!!

xxxxx

hi meggie,
Yeah everything going really good. Will be 10 weeks post op this friday and have lost 3 stone exactly this sunday gone. (only do weigh ins on sundays!) can honestly say i never feel hungry! I know when i need to eat, and mostly have to force myself to. Never thought i'd feel like that about food, but i do! My whole life has changed, even my pcos seems to have almost dissapeared. Having regular, on time totm's, which i hadn't had for ten years!
So in short, best thing i ever did, soo worth the wait and i feel fantastic!!!!!

Thanks hun!!! I emailed Kirsten and now I have my referral for the bike (as I think I was meant to originally!!! ooops!!!). So all is well!! I have it booked for the 24th of November!!

Oh shame it wasn't the week before and we could have gone together! Mine's on 19th Nov, same day as the support group meeting, although I really didn't think that one through very well did I?! Turn up at the meeting all sweaty and red-faced!!!! :eek:

Good luck with the Thoracic team today Meggie, will be thinking of you hun xxx

Thanks Hun, that's really kind. Hopefully I won't do or say anything stupid that'll mean more tests. Work are starting to get a little cross about it all!!!!

Ooooooooh hun, just realised your op was on the 20th of Oct. How did it go? I haven't been around much lately so didn't realise you'd had it done. Hope everything went well!!!

xxxxx

Hi there Meggie

yea all went well thanks, ams still on liquids and due to start sloppies tomorrow woop woop :)

Do work know your having wls, what a cheek them getting angsty caz your taking time off for hospital appointments.

Your tests should go fine, I dont think they really ask you much, just do the tests.

Good luck Xx

Hi there Meggie

yea all went well thanks, ams still on liquids and due to start sloppies tomorrow woop woop :)

Do work know your having wls, what a cheek them getting angsty caz your taking time off for hospital appointments.

Your tests should go fine, I dont think they really ask you much, just do the tests.

Good luck Xx

Thanks hun!! Glad everything is going so well!!!

No I haven't told work yet. I don't really want everyone knowing but guess I'm going to have to tell them something sometime soon. I was called into the office after putting new time off requests in and asked if everything was ok. I think because I didn't tell her the reason behind the appointments led her to believe I was lying. I'm going to copy my appointment letters but tippex out any details that I don't want them to know about such as Gastric Bypass info etc. I need to keep them on side as will obviously need to book some time off in the not too distant future (I hope!!!).

whittington hospital normaly send u for ECG .. when u have your pre op appointment 2-4 weeks prior to you operation thats when i had mine ..

also for funding they sometimes do the bike test before u get funding or after depending on how busy they are..

not to worry they will all catch up at some point hun x

whittington hospital normaly send u for ECG .. when u have your pre op appointment 2-4 weeks prior to you operation thats when i had mine ..

also for funding they sometimes do the bike test before u get funding or after depending on how busy they are..

not to worry they will all catch up at some point hun x

Thanks hun! Maybe Heath just does it differently from Sufi as the only feedback I've had is from Sufi people. You were with Heath, right, or have I got that wrong?? I did email Kirsten who sorted out my bike referral for me and I will be going for my test on the 24th of November. I can also have my ECG on that day too. I have funding in place already so as long as everything is in place then Heath says he'll put me on the waiting list! How long was it between going on the waiting list and your op??

Back