• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Update - Been to my GP this morning

Jezabelle

Quitting is NOT an option
I went to my gp this morning as i'm not sleeping very well and I also have hayfever in my eye's and have been having alot of headaches come migraines!

He wanted to take my blood pressure and it's super high - he said I am heading towards a stroke or heart attack :cry:

Now when I went to my GP 4 weeks ago to be referred for wls he said it was on the border of being high.

Why couldn't this of been the case when I went to Heartlands last Thursday, it may of helped my case with the wls :confused: (they didn't take my blood pressure whilst I was there)

Anyway I have asked the DR if he can write to Dr Taheri to update him that I am now in this state and on high blood pressure tablets & I also informed the secretary just in case he forgot.

I'm to go back to my gp in 2 weeks time for bloods and a ECG and then to go back to my gp in 4 weeks to have my blood pressure taken again.

12 prescriptions I had to take into Boots chemist this afternoon... I'll be rattling soon. :(

I am so sorry hon. I would also call Dr Taheri's secretary and the dietician and tell them as well. I have left a message for the dietician I saw because I want to discuss yesterday's appointment as I am furious and wanting to complain but am afraid to.

Hi Jezzabelle please make sure you get your BP under control as it has been my high BP thats caused my strokes.3 pre op since 2003 and then 1 when I had my op but don't yet know what caused that 1. I take 4 different meds for BP and still it stays high around 200/109 .
Take care of yourself and hope you can control it real soon.

Hi FL....
I'm going to phone the secretary tomorrow morning, I won't hold my breath though. :rolleyes:

I hope the dietician gets back to you tomorrrow. She was a lovely girl. x

I am so sorry hon. I would also call Dr Taheri's secretary and the dietician and tell them as well. I have left a message for the dietician I saw because I want to discuss yesterday's appointment as I am furious and wanting to complain but am afraid to.

Hi Margaret,
I took my 1st tablet late this morning and a few hours ago I tested myself and it's in normal range. Probably because I have put my feet up and my hubby did tea etc for me. I've not done a thing all day. ;) x

Hi Jezabelle
I`m sorry to hear your BP is high but hopefully by the time you go back it will be a lot lower . Good luck and take care hun .
Margaret xx

Hi Gaynor...
I hope you get yours under control as well, mine isn't as high as yours but has been in the past. The doc is concerned because I also have high cholesterol. xx

Hi Jezzabelle please make sure you get your BP under control as it has been my high BP thats caused my strokes.3 pre op since 2003 and then 1 when I had my op but don't yet know what caused that 1. I take 4 different meds for BP and still it stays high around 200/109 .
Take care of yourself and hope you can control it real soon.

Thats the key to keeping your BP down lol. Do nothing, have hubby slave over you and sit with your feet up. Sounds good to me lol. Think I might just tell hubby mines up before tea tomorrow and he MIGHT just cook. Good luck in keeping it in normal range Jezzabelle.

Thanks Jezzabelle. To me this is normal. When its in normal range I feel like I'm going to pass out all the time. As long as I don't over do it I cope with it, just panicked when they delayed my op date but thats over with now so 'I'll just keep popping the pills lol. Actually 2 out of 4 are pills and other 2 liquid form because of band.

Back