• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whittington - 1st appt!!!!

Twiggie

I've got my first appt through (Sept 9th) for the Whittington! :woohoo:

Is anyone else attending the clinic here? I've watched the video on the website and it seems like a really good place to go! :D

im guessing its the group session appointment you have ?? u know they have a support group everymonth its worth going along as theres loads of post op people there and pre op who will tell you there storys ..

I'm assuming it will be an initial assessment as just been referred by GP. I'll possibly know a little more once I get the confirmation letter as the receptionist only called me this morning to let me know she'd managed to secure an appt there for me.

I think she's had a struggle trying to find a hospital with available appointments so I'm incredibly lucky as most are not taking any more people on at the moment!

Great news Twiggie hope it all goes well, I am having my second in Luton in just under three weeks and am getting nervous/excited

Jay xx

Hi Twiggy,
I am a whittington patient too:) I have had one appointment it was the one Brett mentioned, you have a group education session first, you then get your 2nd appointment to see the consultant after the session, this is usually 8 to 10 weeks later. Unfortunatly for me my 2nd appt was for next month I got a letter saying they had cancelled it by almost 8 weeks, they said consutant was away ect. They said to phone every day to see if they have any cancellations:( I am phoning I did get it moved forward by 3 weeks I will keep phoning to try and get even closer :).
Best of luck to you .
xx​

Thanks everyone, and especially to Brett and Diana for the low down on what to expect there :)

What exactly happens in these educational meetings (I get quite nervous of group things :eek: ) and how long does it go on for? The more I know about it the better I can mentally prepare myself for it ;)

hi twiggie im going to the educational meetin g on 6th august at whitt and cant wait!! ( so is meggiemoo d and rosh)
its 3 hrs long and explains everything to u about the hospital wot will happen and the op and after the op. its with kirsten who is lovely u will be fine!
im very nervous at the mo but also cant wait!!

they are finding it hard for appointment in august as dr sufi os off ALL of august ive been told so good luck diana hope u get a cancellation with dr heath soon xx

Oh that's great news, can't wait to hear all about it! :D

Wow is it really 3 hours long??? :eek: Going to be a long day then as my appt isn't until 4pm lol

Hi,
You will have a great time you won't know where the hrs have gone, they make it very interesting, you will make friends straight away, you have a break half way through. You will come away with lots of infomation. My appt was for 4pm too but they managed to get it all done within two an half hrs and that was including the break.
I am with Mr Sufi too , I had my origanal appt in August they then changed it to 25th October, I could have cried, I managed to get it changed to 5th October still not near enough.
I have been calling the whittington for cancellations but had no luck! I decided to be brave and call Kirsten and so glad I did she has made me such an happy lady, she managed to get me in for 14th september, this is so much nearer to my origanal appt, I am now very excited again, if it was not for my dissabilities I would dance and dance ..PS, Kirsten also said that Mr Sufi was away for 4 weeks this is why many appts have been changed.
Hugs
xx

It seems the Whittington is the only hospital taking on patients in the whole of East Anglia at the moment, so no wonder they are snowed under!

Think I might book a hotel for the night and make the most of it. Not keen on travelling home on the train so late at night ;)

Hi Twiggy,
Yes good Idea, I travel from Essex and its not straight forward on the trains plus its akwightmareard due to my disability, I have to use a scooter or wheelchair if I have long way to walk short walk I manage with a cane. Om my first appt my husband drove, it was a nightmare and even worse on the way home! So yes staying would be a good Idea.
We got there with plenty of time to spare and had lunch in a pub around the corner from the hospital.
Although the journey was not so great the appointment was so worth it, my husband did all the driving and came in with me to the session he found it just as interesting as me.
I am going to try to get to the group meeting in september, maybe we may meet up one day at one of the meetings or even an appt.
Take care, chat soon.
Hugs xx

Hi i 2 am a whitt patient i am also going to the info session on the 6th august xx

Back