• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

WHO TO CHOOSE

dani38

Hello everyone and happy new yr. Ok so I got the go ahead from my hub for my gastric sleeve. I just wanted everyones advice on who they think is the best consultant to go with. My local consultant is Paul Super but then the healthier weight centre has recommened Basil Ammori which means travelling to Manchester, I don't mind i just want the best consultant to perform the sleeve?? thank you so much in advance for helping me make such as a massive decision.
:)

theres lots of people here who have been under both and i believe are both fantastic surgeons, so i think maybe, ask why the recommed mr ammori if its because he has delt with paitents like yourself who have other issues to think about when doing surgery then id go with him, best bet is to ask why that recommendation but i think id go withmr ammori if he s been recommend x

Im biased as I had Mr Ammori and he is absolutely FAB! He is one of the pioneers of Weightloss Surgery and has a reputation that is second to none. :D XX

Ah thank you both. I could go local with Mr super not through the healthier weight centre but he does wor4 them as well but I think they send people to him who want a lap band I have a feeling Mr amorI is more experience insleeves. Iwas wondering Ifanyone knows if I would be able 2 drive the day after my surgery . It prob won't happen till Easter got to raise funds. thank you again x X

I dont think you can drive for a while after surgery, I think its to do with insurance. I know a lot of people have had to wait a good few weeks. XX

You won't be able to drive for around ten days after surgery, though that should not affect your decision, that should be based upon the experience and skill of the surgeon. Mr Ammori did my bypass and I could not speak highly enough about him though I have no idea how many sleeves he has done

Good luck with your choice x

Hi Dani - I had Mr Paul Super - he did my gastric band and a very good neat job he made of it!

I believe he also does other bariatric surgery; I don`t believe he would be reccomended if he didn`t.

To put your mind at rest why don`t you google in the name Mr Paul Super - which takes you to the healthier weight website. It gives you all the names of surgeons and backgrounds including Mr Basil Ammori.

Hope this helps hun x

Love Kat x

thank you everyone. I have an appointment at the healthier weight centre so I will talk it through with him. Just logged onto another site (think its an australian site) and was reading all the complications. Feel like I should steer away from this and stay positive but I suppose we need to know the risks as well??? I was wondering how comnmnon it was for leaks to happen?? Am I right in thinking that if you stick to the instructions 100% you are less likely to have complications or doesn't it work this way?? Thanks again everyone.Thank you Karlos, its seems everyone speaks good of Mr ammori!!!

I think you need to be aware of all the risks involved,dont dwell on them though or you will drive yourself mad! Ive not been aware of many people who have had MAJOR complications like a leak, Grace had some terrible trouble but shes ok now and still says she would have the op again. You have to think what would be the results of staying the way you are too. Being overweight has its own complications, I had type 2 diabetes (now dont take any meds since surgery) High Blood Pressure (was on 5 tablets a day, none since surgery) I had 2 stroke due to high blood pressure and have severe joint problems and arthritis due to being overweight for so many years. Swings and roundabouts hun, but look into it and then you can make an informed decision :D XX

Hi Dani

Yes I think its important that you are aware of the risks but try not to worry about them too much. Much of the risk is associated with an obese person having a general anesthetic. Complications such as leaks can happen but would not be related to eating habbits.

Im sure that when you have your appointment all will be explained, good luck! x

Yes you cannot drive for a couple of weeks just like any upper chest operation sleeve is great know lots who have had it less problems than a band my friend had one with a mini bypas aswell misses a bit off intestine he has lots loads and can eat anything salad chicken steak only small amounts but no problems
Good luck with your op

Sending a huge welcome and wishing you every success on your wls journey... love and hugs xxx

Back