• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Whoo hoo! 12lb down in 3 days on pre op diet!!

yasmine-samara

Hi guys,

I am sooooooooo chuffed!!
I am having my op on 5th May at Spire Murrayfield on the Wirral and I have now completed 3 days so far of my pre op diet with no problems.
I decided to do the cambridge diet instead of the food option as I wanted to get used to not eating before my op as I will be on liquids for a little while after and I was also worried that I might not lose enough on the other plan. Well I was in the pink on the ketostix so at least I know I am in ketosis and that my liver glycogen stores have been depleted so my liver will have shrunk already. I am hoping to be under 27st by the 5th as I was 29st 1lb and my partner was worried about GA and the risks with being so overweight. I saw the anaesthatist on wed and he said that I am in great shape from an anaesthetic point of view and that my only health issue is my excessive weight so I only scored 1 on the risk factor scale purely down to having a high BMI so that was good news. I even managed the gym last night too!! It was hard and I didn't have much energy but I pushed myself and got through my programme (just about). I feel so positve about having WLS and can't wait to reep the rewards of all this hard work!!
Bikini here I come.....lol!!
:D:eek::D:eek::D

Keep doing what your doing - i've been reading alot of everyone's pre-op diets and i'm not sure what one to do so i'll keep on researching. Congratulations on doing so well

Thanks,

I was unsure too so I asked my surgeon and he said it was pretty much up to me what sort of pre op diet I followed so long as it was low carb then it would shrink my liver. He said for me to do that I needed to have lost approx a stone in the 2 weeks prior to surgery but people lose anything from 7lb to 21lb. The more I lose will make it easier for him doing the laparascopic proceedure.

Well done. I only had a week's notice for the op and I did Cambridge and for the last day or two just meat as I ran out of packs. No probs reported with my liver!

That great,

How have you managed being on liquids since your op and have you felt hungry?

That great,

How have you managed being on liquids since your op and have you felt hungry?

It's been very dull TBH! Fo a couple of days early this week I was very, very low and felt unable to cope (I really *Must* get my blog updated!). That was the only time I have really faltered and had a 'woe is me' moment!

Then I looked back and found that I had slacked off with taking in water and meds for about 3 days and thus I had paid the price!

The problem for me is that I don't feel hungry and therefore, keep forgetting to put anything into my mouth! So am being much more strict with myself and making sure I drink, try and have a soup a day and take my meds.

I am looking forward to the sloppy stage - 7 days to go! And am having strong fish cravings!

The emotional roller coaster does not end with the op! Aaaiiiieeee!

Well done Yasmine, thats a fantastic loss and you seem to have your head in a good place for this :)

Keep it up- that totally rocks!! And you are right, I think it is a good idea to get yourself used to the liquid stage as you will be on liquids for a while after your op. :happy096: :bliss:
Red- it is interesting what you are saying about not being hungry, because that is how I felt after my op...I was not interested in food at all (which I just found such a weird concept!) and I had to really force myself to eat/drink.
Anyway keep it up everyone :clap::clap::clap:
:party0011: Xxx Lizzie xxX :party0011:

Thats great stuff well done you. I also still feel the same (Not Hungry) and I find it hard to make sure I eat properly, I think thats why some weeks its just a lb loss because I'm not getting enough food.

HI and well done. I am on day 5 today and in 4 days I have done 7lbs. Hubby even said "do you really need the op you are doing so well" - I had to explain it to him.

Back