• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Who's your wls hero/ine?

phatmomma

I've been thinking (again lol) about all of the wonderful people on here, old and new. Looking at threads with skinny new people on there, who are in fact the same people who were here a couple of years ago and have gone on to be wls successes... You only have to look at Mixxy (wow, va va vroom), Hopelesscase (wot a hottie?), Sambucca (put the link in slinky), my lovely friends Lamornamiss and Wannabeslimagain who have both lost over ten stone each, to name just a few...

Out of all the people i admire for there successes, and there are plenty i've decided to name my wls hero/ine and explain briefly why. I hope you will do the same :)

My hero/ine is...<<<<drumroll>>>> Tranquil Butterfly, a very lovely lady i've had the pleasure of meeting 3 or 4 times. Why is she my heroin? TB fought long and hard for her surgery and when messed about by our provider she took them on to try and help not just herself but others following after.... After an awfully long wait for surgery, she then didn't get the surgery expected and also had a absolutely awful time post op searching long and hard for answers. So why my heroine? Because although she never got what she signed up for, TB has embraced the banders lifestyle and got on with it. She always has love and messages of support for everyone... She really is a lady :)

Who's yours?

Fab thread Julie.

I have a few wls hero's...

Cah-ching inspires me with her exercising, and with the way she tries to motivate others to exercise too. She shares tips and advice even when she doesnt feel like it sometimes. She isnt one to blow her own trumpet, but she exercises like a bloody trojan and deserves success. You too Julie are a recent exercising inspiration and Im really impressed with how you have embraced this new lifestyle.

Karlos is a successful maintainer - something I strive to be myself. Not everyone appreciates his straight talking, but Im a fan and his no nonsense attitude is what got him to goal, quickly and keeps him there.

Neen is a massive inspiration. She started the band journey with an awful lot to lose, and keeps plodding on despite a stressful home life, but more than that, she inspires all banders to keep going and puts a lot into the forum - even more so with her new moderating duties and if you lot saw how hard she works behind the scenes to keep this forum running smoothly you would be gobsmacked.

CCPM is a bypass inspiration. She too started as a large lady but has embraced this journey with its twists and turns and reached a healthy weight.I am certain that she will be a successful maintainer.

Then there are the old timers who dont post so much these days, Shelbell, Phatgirl and Hopelesscase - the terrible trio! A force to be reckoned with and living proof that if you follow the rules you will achieve your weight loss dreams...

And many more - too numerous to mention. Wherever you are in your weight loss journey, I wish you all success, and hope you can go on to inspire others that are following in your footsteps.

I agree with your vote Sam, Cahching takes it all on the chin and gets back in the ring for another round when others would have gone home tail between the legs...

I too am a Karlos fan, and Nic, Carole and Shel truly do inspire confidence...

Oh how i wish the oldies were still here, however been so much more fitter and able they have a life now :)

And yes Neen has done wonders for the banders, for a long time it felt like they were the forgotten cousin and now they are sisters/brothers of equal stature on the wls site... Go Neen, go Neen... I am doing the jig now Neen lol xx

I'm still here and fairly active, I do read more than I post but jump in where I feel I can be useful. Thanks for the compliments :)

Nic has always been my wls guru, even though she had surgery after me. The amount of research she has done is staggering and her knowledge as a result is pretty vast. She has been an amazing support through my losing phase and pregnancy, maintainance and complications.

Carole's before and after pics are mind-blowing. She is a fine role model of self control, as she lives and breathes the pouch rules.

M's strength and determine inspire me, plus she is a genuine lovely lady.

Sam you seem to have just gotten on with your journey quietly and contentedly and snuck to goal ninja style!

Julie your determination is phenomenal. You have achieved so much but struggled to, many others would have said sod it and reached for the cream cakes, but you've been so good.

Everyone who was here before me pretty much has gone now. When I started using the wls of mini's there were only 8-10 active members, mostly pre-op. Now there are so many people at all stages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

I am very new to this site but have been giving the question a good bit of thought. I love to see the photo's of everyone "shrinking", it is amazing.
I love to have the advice of those that have been on the site for a long time and have managed to build a wealth of knowledge and I value it immensely.
But just as valuable are the opinions of those that are new to the site as they could, after all, raise issues that haven't been raised previously, especially in the areas of new surgeries etc.
The things that makes a real hero in my opinion are; someone being able to listen and offer advice without being judgmental. Recognising when someone is happy or sad and sharing in those feelings and finally being kind and treating everyone with respect.

Mixxy is my online inspiriation....when i first came onto this site i suppose he caught my attention as he was a similar weight to myself and therefore i could relate to his struggles pre op. I suppose seeing that he had manage to lose all that weight made it a reality to me that one day maybe "i " could do the same. His commitment to his cycling is truly inspiring.

Julie you have been very encouraging and have given me some wonderful advice. You have even offered to meet up for a coffee and for this i am truly touched. It's a shame i feel so shy about meeting new people, but your offer was very much appreciated x

I can't vote as I don't know anybody well enough - but so many people have given great advice. I am thrilled to have found this site.

Shel when i go to a better place (looks upwards) it will say on my headstone ''a stubborn buggar'' lol.

xxSarahxx i was so sad we never got the coffee and if ever the occasion comes again i will be there in a heartbeat. I love to meet other wls peeps, whether they are pre op and post op. The best part about meeting pre oppers is you get the privilege of seeing how their journey progresses and each time you catch up again it's like meeting a new person...

I too enjoy the 'newbies' coming and posting. It's amazing to follow their journeys and also share their experiences along the way. The times i've sat in my office wondering how someone's pre op went, whether so n so has had a date yet and then finally wondering if they are in recovery!

God bless you all xx

I've been thinking (again lol) about all of the wonderful people on here, old and new. Looking at threads with skinny new people on there, who are in fact the same people who were here a couple of years ago and have gone on to be wls successes... You only have to look at Mixxy (wow, va va vroom), Hopelesscase (wot a hottie?), Sambucca (put the link in slinky), my lovely friends Lamornamiss and Wannabeslimagain who have both lost over ten stone each, to name just a few...

Out of all the people i admire for there successes, and there are plenty i've decided to name my wls hero/ine and explain briefly why. I hope you will do the same :)

My hero/ine is...<<<<drumroll>>>> Tranquil Butterfly, a very lovely lady i've had the pleasure of meeting 3 or 4 times. Why is she my heroin? TB fought long and hard for her surgery and when messed about by our provider she took them on to try and help not just herself but others following after.... After an awfully long wait for surgery, she then didn't get the surgery expected and also had a absolutely awful time post op searching long and hard for answers. So why my heroine? Because although she never got what she signed up for, TB has embraced the banders lifestyle and got on with it. She always has love and messages of support for everyone... She really is a lady :)

Who's yours?

Julie:hug99:. I read this before I went to work this morning and I admit I burst into tears. Things have been so hard the last few weeks - and it made me think how hard I fought to get where I am albeit by the scenic route. Thank you. This means the world to me.

tranquil x

PS...you are my heroine - you care for everyone:hug99::hug99:.

But I would like to hail up a few more peeps...Neen, shellbell, mixxy, sambucca, tesmerelda, cah ching, Rose A, Grace, StephanieAck, Rybens,Ravelling, M...the list is endless - you draw something from everyone. Some of these I have had the pleasure to meet and they are lovely people.

The great thing about this site, and what will always make it the best in my book is the information and the great support.

If I had not found it at the start of my journey I would probably be still be waiting for my surgery and totally clueless!

tranquil x

easy mine is Grace, she has done so well on her journey overcoming all the problems and the dashes back to the hospital. she has gone from a lady who struggled to walk to being a gym bunny !!!! she is such a lovely lady who does everything she can for others, including all her church work. i am so proud of her and a true inspiration to me. xxxxxxxxx

I know I've already posted here (and I'm still not going to name any names :-D ) but I really think the comments on here show what a kind, supportive group of people there are on here x

TB, you are a constant source of inspiration to both me and Trev. A truly graceful lady with the soul of an angel and the heart of a lion xxx

As another newbie to the site....I echo what Sue has said, having read more than I have posted, after navigating my way around (pass me satnav lol), I am inspired and in awe of all of you and feel so lucky to have found my perfect "hand holding" site...thanks all x

As another newbie to the site....I echo what Sue has said, having read more than I have posted, after navigating my way around (pass me satnav lol), I am inspired and in awe of all of you and feel so lucky to have found my perfect "hand holding" site...thanks all x

We'll hold your hand all the way betsyt, cos we're your new family, baggsy not being the aged aunt who smells of god only knows what though xxx

easy mine is Grace, she has done so well on her journey overcoming all the problems and the dashes back to the hospital. she has gone from a lady who struggled to walk to being a gym bunny !!!! she is such a lovely lady who does everything she can for others, including all her church work. i am so proud of her and a true inspiration to me. xxxxxxxxx

Chris thank you so much. i'm truly humbled. i'm so looking forward to meeting up again soon and seeing the new you!

Big hugs and love, Grace xxx

Great thread Julie. Who are my heros? Well you for a start, you've always been so encouraging despite your own struggles.
Tranquil, of course, for all the reasons you said.
StephieAck...who was such a great friend to me right from the start.
CCPM, who's diary I just loved.

neen, who keeps on trucking and has been so kind to me...

Ditzeeblonde (Linzi) who was always such an inspiration and so kind to me....

AnnieT who's overcome so much and is doing so well...

J-Mo and Christine77 and JustLiz and Kay, who came to see me in hospital in Sunderland when i was so poorly....and were so supportive to me

and Rose...what an amazing lady she is.

and so many others too.

Hugs to everyone

Grace xxx

Grace, this site is truly full of hero's, past n present. It has given us the chance to fully explore our dreams and also to research and spend quality time with other wls people....

For that reason i now wish to add Mini and Pierce who without whom there would be no site, thank you xx

Don't want to name names as I don't want anyone to feel left out but just wanted to say a huge THANKS to everyone here, new and old, for taking the time to post and for giving such great advice.
As a bypasser I learned more from this forum than from anywhere else and it gave me the confidence to go ahead with surgery.
Take care everyone!

Lovely thread, Julie.

I'd like to mention Hopelesscase, Yoyoagain, JayneFrances as well as all the people who have been mentioned already :)

Back