• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why are people so thoughtless ...

Carre

I was sat at the table for lunch, when the whole diet topic came up as it does when my so called good mate knowing I'm having this op and how low im feeling and infront of people starts saying how fat she is and she's going on a diet to.

I wouldn't mind but she's a size12 never had weight issues god what must she think of me lol.... Arrrrhhh I have seen more fat on a chicken wing, and I've ate a lot of them in my time ha ha.!!!

Sorry for the moan...

I know totally what you mean, I have a mum who is a size 8 a sister who is size 12 and they always go on about how fat they are!

My son keeps telling everyone that i am having an operation to get my big bottom smaller...its really embaressing

There are always going to people that just dont understand what it is like to struggle so much with their weight but just let them get on with it :)

Jane x

I've had lots of friends do that before, even size 6 friends! but when I've spoken to them about it, not in a confrontational way just generally talking about it, they say they don't think it about it like that. They aren't doing it to be insensitive or they don't think of you badly, they just aren't happy with something about themselves. Even though we would kill to be a size 12, if you've always been slim you still have body hang ups because everyone does. They can still see ways to improve themselves. Maybe sometimes they should be more sensitive to the idea that it might make you feel that bad but like I say my friends really didn't think of it that way so I'm sure yours don't either. I hope that makes you feel better, if not maybe have a chat about it, I'm sure your friend will be shocked that it made you feel bad and reassure you she doesn't see you like that :) x

Thanks, I think I will meet up with her and chat!!!

I know we all have body issues no matter what size, to be continued ..........

I know totally what you mean, I have a mum who is a size 8 a sister who is size 12 and they always go on about how fat they are!

My son keeps telling everyone that i am having an operation to get my big bottom smaller...its really embaressing

There are always going to people that just dont understand what it is like to struggle so much with their weight but just let them get on with it :)

Jane x

Jane that made me chuckle you just gotta love kids eh x

This is very true - no matter how slim you are there will always be an ideal you don't measure up to. And people are being told if you exercise you will reach this ideal - which is rubbish, but it is being ingrained that anything that doesn't look like a catwalk model is bad and due to weight.

Agree with all posts but you have your issues & others will have theirs. You however must not take on theirs as yours too. Sadly people ( & I'm sure us) are often just insensitive to each other. Don't dwell on them instead put your energies into doing what you want to do for yourself. Best of luck.

It's so hard to see so far ahead, that I'm still dwelling on silly issues as my mum would say man up and get on with it. So sorry for my silly quotes I'm looking to the future and I'll leave the negatives in the past cheers guys xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Totally agree, we all have our own hang ups. Who are we to say that they are justified or not justified in what they are feeling.

Reminds me of when I was at school .. I was very average and had a friend who was A+. After each exam she would get an A and say 'i can't believe how badly I've done'. And I would look at my average C. !!

People just do not think !!!!!!

my sister used to be a size 8 and moaned she was fat and wouldnt eat etc i had to force feed her toast n water....now after 2 kids she is a size 10 and alwaaaaaaays moans she is fat, and always always on a diet!! x

Your friend probably doesn't even "see" your size - sounds daft but I'm eight stone down now and showed friends that have known me years my before pictures and they didn't ever remember me being that big ...she just knows you as you xx

Back