• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

One Already!

femfrankie

Shrinking For Sophie
A year ago today I was sitting waiting to go down to theatre. I was petrified that these were going to be my last waking minutes and petrified that someone was going to leap out from behind the door screaming surprise surprise this has all been a huge cruel joke and your op is cancelled.
I had just completed a hellish 6 months with the gastric balloon in an effort to get my BMI down from 68.5 to 50 as they wouldn't do my bypass due to my health issues until I did and even then funding wasn't guaranteed. At 27st 7lb this meant I had to loose a wacking 7st 8lb in 6 month. I did that and more by losing just over 8 stone. After my 5hr op my husband whispered to a groggy me that magic phrase "they can't take it away from you now sweetheart" and I knew that I had made it to the losers bench at last!
12 months later I'm a further 6 stone lighter with a grand total of 14st gone. It's not been the easy ride that those not in the know would have you believe. I'm a dumper big style and getting the balance right as regards fat content has been the biggest challenge. A gram too much can see me held hostage in the bathroom for hours so I have to be conscious of what I am putting in my mouth. I don't particularily have a sweet tooth so the classic type 1 dump is easier to avoid but I do miss having the occasional ice cream. I have discovered along the way that I am lactose intolerant and wheat products are proving to be suspect too. In fairness though i cannot blame the bypass for this as I did suspect this before my op I had just ignored it because I enjoyed my grub too much :eek:. Then at four months in I discovered I was having a problem with malabsorption and was sitting at the extreme low end of a lot of vits and minerals and felt utter rubbish. It took a few months but it's under control for the moment by keeping on top of my now doubled up multi vit's and b12 jabs. Would I change anything? Well let's just rhyme off a few things first I'm into size 10/12"s up top and 14 for my bottoms. So much better than the size 34/36 I was before all of this began. I can be a proper granny to my soon to be 2year old granddaughter now and although my health issues are still there they are so much more manageable and bearable now. Then there's the clothes omg I have developed a passion for clothes. It takes me forever to get dressed now as I can't decide what to wear. In days of old I would throw on the first thing that came to hand because to be honest nothing looked good on anymore anyway. I never tire of swishing through small gaps between restuarant chairs now although I do doubt myself every time & no more stressing over whither I will fit into those chairs let alone will it take my weight! Oh and yes my sex life has vastly improved too :flirt2: ;)... So no I don't regret a single moment :D.

oh Frances, im grinning from ear to ear reading this! you must be so happy to reach this mile stone
im so pleased for you

Congratulations and well done. As someone who is just three weeks post op, you post is inspirational and I hope I do as well as you.

Frankie you are one of the best
Having a balloon was a mighty test
One year ago, wow how time had flown
Now your swamped in a hotel dressing gown
You look so sexy, sassy and full of class
Lets have three cheers for your gastric bypass :D

You have done so well Frances, I remember joining and you were one of the first people I read about (although we had different surgeries), you're an inspiration to us all:happy036:

Thank you so much everyone :) ..
oh Frances, im grinning from ear to ear reading this! you must be so happy to reach this mile stone
im so pleased for you
I am over the moon Los. I have to say that it has flown in but the results in that time have been far more than i could have expected..I was told by surgeon that it could take me two years to get where I am now :)

Congratulations and well done. As someone who is just three weeks post op, you post is inspirational and I hope I do as well as you.

Thank you Chrisy. I still get flustered over being told I'm inspirational :eek: & I have have no doubt that you will succeed in getting to your goal too :). I still have a bit to go before I get there but I am happy with the results so far.

Frankie you are one of the best
Having a balloon was a mighty test
One year ago, wow how time had flown
Now your swamped in a hotel dressing gown
You look so sexy, sassy and full of class
Lets have three cheers for your gastric bypass :D

Lmao butterfly I love it :) thank you hehe xx

What can i add :) oh yes beautiful, stunning, gorgeous inside and out :) You are a massive inspiration to us all wtg Frankie congrats and a huge well done x x x

Congrats for loosing so much! I cant believe it is a year already! You are amazing!! Thank you for sharing your story and those lovely pictures of yours! I agree with others. You are a true inspiration!

You're really inspiring. Thank you for this, gives me courage. I'm pre op.

Awwww thank you rosalie :eek:
Reading the diaries of other bypassers was such an inspiration to me too but I would never dare to dream that this could be me too.. Keep believing hun ;) xx

Congratulation, so pleased for you.

Thank you :) x

Congrats for loosing so much! I cant believe it is a year already! You are amazing!! Thank you for sharing your story and those lovely pictures of yours! I agree with others. You are a true inspiration!

Thank you Llora. I still can't believe that it's a year already either.

What can i add :) oh yes beautiful, stunning, gorgeous inside and out :) You are a massive inspiration to us all wtg Frankie congrats and a huge well done x x x

Blushing all over now crystal ..thank you :)xx

Frankie. You are legend! I so remember your awful early posts about your extreme dumping and my heart was always with you getting through the challenges and learning. It was without doubt distressing reading them, and I cannot imagine how awful you must have felt trying to adjust. But you did - living proof that the positive aspects/results of WLS so greatly out-weigh the negatives; that in those first few months post op when sometimes it feels like a living hell of rabid dog, squits, extreme hot flush, shivers, exhaustion, loose skin and general 'WTF!?!', there is light at the end of the tunnel. You have inspired so many to keep going and push through these dark times ... You are a super-loser of immense value on this forum. Although I was ahead of you by five weeks, with a mere nine stone to shed, my journey would have been so much harder without you by my side. You deserve every 'like', 'thanks' and good word on here, and in daily life. That goes for your hub and family too. Congratulations on an amazing year giving you a remarkable resulting new life xxxx

Thanks lilac you are so right too. This journey would have been so much harder without you all here by my side a massive thank you to you all with special thanks to you lilac, Yve, pooh, Emma, butterfly Nicola & Ceecie for allowing me to moan in their ear when things got a bit tough. Love ya all xxxx

Hahaha yep :p

Oh Frankie, your post has brought happy, happy tears to my eyes!

All that I can say is that you are awesome and thank you so very much for sharing your good times and the not so good ones, you have helped each and every one of us on our own journeys. You are one very inspiring women. Oh and I forgot to add Gorgeous and sassy ;) ;)

Just read this hon :) Massive well done and I know that you and your whole family are reaping the rewards of your hard work.

Back