• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do I do it!

Peterborough Guy

Luton and Dunstable
As some of you know, I am a Sales Manager, which means on Monday, I am at home, sorting out my appointments etc for the rest of the week.

So why is it, that Monday is the only day I spend craving food constantly all day with the temptation of it all in the room next to me.

And what makes it worse is when I need a drink, I have to go and look at it.

Any other day it doesn't worry me at all, its just the day when im at home doing admin.

Maybe its because I get a little bored and still look at food as it use to make me happy.

Anybody else, share this type of craving?

It probably comes as part of a habit. You probably did it before. I get very picky when I am bored much the same.

Me too.
I have just had 2 weeks off and they have probably been my worst 2 weeks for eating post bypass.
The trouble is then that habit is hard to break again.
I guess if we have been doing the same things for years it takes time to replace bad habits with better ones.
Keep going cos you're doing great x

I work from home every day and I know exactly what you mean. If I have some time between clients then I am grazing constantly, and usually not healthy choices.

Oh humm!!

As some of you know, I am a Sales Manager, which means on Monday, I am at home, sorting out my appointments etc for the rest of the week.

So why is it, that Monday is the only day I spend craving food constantly all day with the temptation of it all in the room next to me.

And what makes it worse is when I need a drink, I have to go and look at it.

Any other day it doesn't worry me at all, its just the day when im at home doing admin.

Maybe its because I get a little bored and still look at food as it use to make me happy.

Anybody else, share this type of craving?
Definetly habit. I look in the fridge and food cupboard almost everytime I go in the kitchen!

I am still on liquids until Thursday (boo hiss) and am petrified I am going to forget and stuff something in my mouth!!!

PG you are perfectly normal. I don't have time or opportunity to eat unless it's my break at work so when at home you only need to go near the kitchen and you think yummm what is there in here?

Best advice? Can't you go off to the library to do your paperwork? Alternatively cut yourself some crudites or get some bits of chopped fruit to snack on when you think food :)

Yeah I normally go to a hotel and work in the business foyer, and then limit myself to a nice coffee followed by a pint of water, I just had to work from home today as I needed to take in a delivery, but never again lol.

Yes I totally agree... I can go without even thinking about food until I walk in the front door then its like its calling me from every nook & cranny!

Back