• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do shops have mirrors?

Shopgirl1301

....so you can see how crap you look and buy some new clothes!!!! Then go into the changing room and realise that nothing fits and then go home and eat a tub of pringles!

Yep that was my day today and I feel terrible, I spoke with hubby about the op and all he could say was "can't you just eat less and exercise more!" ok yes like I've never tried that before, so now I'm saving myself for the op and not using his money, so will take a little longer and I feel I'm getting more depressed in the process!

Having a real bad day today after thinking I looked ok in a black thin jumper and jeans and saw myself in a mirror whilst out shopping with the kids and wanted to die, I looked awful, now really struggling to keep it together, sorry just needed to write this down:cry:

Going to pop in the bath and try to calm down.
Hope everyone else had a better day!
Wendyx

Aw Wendy :(
Don't worry hun x Stick with us and hopefully we'll be able to support you no matter how long it takes.
Did you consider printing off the answers given to you from the other thread to show him?
I'm disappointed for you that he was not more understanding xxxx
You deserve this for yourself, a devoted Mum and partner as you must be, perhaps it might help if you do show him what we said x

Thanks guys, have had a bath and cheered myself up a bit, even more determined to get as much money together as possible, had a fantastic email from Germany tonight that a distributor is taking one of my products which will actually pay for the surgery with that one order so can't wait for them to pay so I can get it booked, so as my mum always says when a door closes, generally a window opens for you, thanks again for the support.
Wendyx

shops have mirrors so you can see how GOOD you look post op.
good news about the Germany deal, fingers crossed for you.

I am absolutely convinced that the mirrors in Evans are special ones which convince you that you can get away with that new top. Then you get home and look in a real mirror and realise you look awful in it.

There is nothing wrong with the mirror,its your image in your head that is reflected back.Until you can feel confident in yourself,that image will be there fat or thin.You are not that overweight that you couldnt dress and do you hair/makeup to feel you look better.
Its not just down to losing weight and I will feel better about myself.Im on the road myself and believe me my weight is at the back of my mind cos there are so many other things to worry about.ie being able to drink enough so as not to get dehydrated,eating enough protien,exersizing,taking medication,changing relationships.vomiting bowel probs etc.
Please look at the big picture,you are young and relatively healthy and mobile.Get your hair done,pamper yourself and thank the lord you are doing this for yourself now and not at 56 like me!Maz x

Hello ,

I think its so awful that you dont seem to have support at home , and im glad a relax in the tub helped ... I think your surgery is meant to be ... and the germany deal is a huuuge green light for you... rest assured , if you ever need support .. this is the place to be.... United we stand , divided weight falls !

Take care , Clare xx

pringles!! pass some here!! lols.... am on liquids at the mo after having surgery 4 days ago. its not easy i can tell u but its so worth it. shame ur partner isnt on board but maybe if he sees how determined u r he will help u out and u can have the surgery asap.

mine cost 8grand and there was no way i would have paid for that myself! he gets a slimmer wife...at a price :p

I am not sure I would call him unsupportive. I think he probably knows very little about WLS and also the life long fight that is food for some. Maybe with a little talking and educating him on it all, he may start to support in the most helpful way :)

Hope all is going ahead for you. I look forward to an update :) x

Just back from a week away and to be honest not been great - didn't really get to speak with hubby as when I started speaking about wls, all he says is - I don't understand why you just can't exercise, you don't even eat alot, unless you stuff yourself when I go to bed!!
I have decided I do not want to upset myself anymore by talking about it with him as he will never understand so once I have the money myself I'm just going to tell him what I'm doing and he can support me or not, I'm an independent businesswomen working in a competitive environment - I can do anything!!!! Positive attitude is what I am going forward with now!!

Back