• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

i look like s**t

I had a great time. the food was finished by the time i got there. so i made up for it with drinks.....! clive (husband) was surprised i came but hopefully pleased. it was nice to chat and catch up with everybody. we left at 9.30 and went to our local pub, again had a really good time. and i didnt feel self conscious at all, mainly because of the replies i got on here, Thanks. didnt crawl home until way past midnight!! and didnt surface this morning at all. had breakfast at 12.30pm ha, sleep through meals will that help with the weight loss? when we were walking to the pub Clive asked me why i had changed my mind, and because i had had a few drinks my tongue was loose, and i told him about how i felt i looked and that i had posted on here and about the replies i had back in support. he was surprised that i felt that way (i must be a very good actress) and basically said what you had all told me, and on a good day i know i am as good as anybody else and a darn site better than a few. (ooh getting carried away with myself) but those bad days i can see nothing positive, so will try harder, i didnt realise when i joined that i would get such help and advice, but you are all brilliant thanks its amazing what a few kind words can do. i hope i dont get that down again but be warned if i do i am straight back on here. love and best wishes to you all Bridie X:p:D

Phew thank goodness you had a great time, I was kind of worried you would set the "You sent me off to a crappy BBQ squad" on us ifin you had not enjoyed it.

Us fatties carry more than extra pounds we also carry a lot of self imposed baggage. We sometimes need to remember the people who love us see beyond the rolls of fat we carry with us to the real us inside. They love us for what we are rather than what we'd like to be.

I am really glad you had a great time babe, good on you xxx

hope you had a good night. I decided a long time ago that regardless of my size, shape and weight that i was going to enjoy life and not let it stop me going out. I am who i am and if others dont like it that is tough. Even now 10 stone lighter there are parts of me i dont like but im learning to so others will have to do the same.
Take every opportunity you get otherwise life will pass you by.
Take care
carole

that's right carole we must get out there and enjoy life (you only get one), i do and no one is going to stop me fat or thin and i dont care what people think.
I hope you had a good night:d!!!!!!

im so glad you had a good night im quite jeolus (cant spell lol) ive not had a night like that in ages i think ill have to do something about that before my op ,one big binge lol.............kath x

good on you hun, gald you had a good time. Where abouts in Somerset are you?

cool, where are you having your surgery?

So glad you got it together to go - Ive spent the last 11 years staying in for exactly the same reasons as you - we are all in the same place!

So glad you decided to go. I too feel as though I never look good in whatever I put on. I always remember a friend of mine saying to me "Sharron we don't look at your size we see you as who you are and like you for that."

Thank you Caroline and Sharron. why do we do this to ourselves? as many of the replies i received said WE ARE worth it and deserve a social life as well as anybody else, and the only one with the problem sat night was me, all of the people there knew me and accept me as i am, i quess we just have to accept ourselves. I am going to try to keep this positive attitude going for as long as i can, but know there will come a time when i lapse. please all of you who feel you cant go out there, you must, we only get one chance at life and even though my size is a problem it is only part of my life. i was chatting to my sister in law yesterday and she worries about her teeth being black and crooked (she had a fall nerves in gums affected). one of my friends is quite flat chested and is forever moaning about her bust and that nothing looks right on her., i realised that very few women and possibly men!! are really happy with themselves all of the time, i really try not to moan about my weight to these people because they see it as something i can fix... (yes they are both slim) when i think back to early sat evening when i felt like s**t i now feel like a different person, i still look exactly the same though..... confidence plays a big part, today i feel confident tomorrow who knows....

Back