• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Why do we need the sleeve?!?

Sarahmaria

Greetings sleevers. I am back after a long abscence. I had made the decision to go ahead with sleeve yonks ago and then pulled out after thinking - i can do this myself! all i need to do is eat less. Turns out i was very wrong. Had a bit of success at slimming world but ultimately Im now 24lb heavier than when I decided to have the sleeve. sez it all really.

I used to look at sleevers daily intake and think - i could probably just take this amount myself. Why would i need surgery/to put my body and bank balance through this? plus i absolutely love vegetables - surely i can use that? Guess theres no easy answers. a lifetime of addiction and lack of willpower maybe?

Anyway, although the thought of surgery absolutely puts the fear of God into me, i will do it.

Nice to be back with yas x

Hi Sarah, i fist booked my sleeve for June 2014 but cancelled a month before thinking it was drastic and I could do it myself...nope I couldnt and my eating got more out of control over a few months so I got booked in and went for it, my op was the 26th Aug 2014, im now 8st 11lbs having lost 4st 1lb since my Liver shrinking diet and it was honestly the best choice for me.
I feel so much better..im not hungry, i eat tiny amounts but at last know what it feels like to feel full. At first I missed food and did think oh god what have I done. But now I have adapted to my healthy eating and I love it..and yes you can still eat food like pizza and chinese if you want, but just one slice is all I can manage and then im totally full.
Have a good think about what is best for you as its your journey and your life. Its a big decision to make and honestly the op is not that bad, I had very little pain, a great recovery and havent looked back.

Good luck with your choice x

Thats amazing kar. So nice to hear stories like that. And so glad you had a good recovery from the op. Iv heard some horror stories but guess thats true of any op.
Thanks so much for the reply

X

Can only reiterate what Karina has said. My sleeve is one of the best things I've done. Was only thinking today - life is so normal....... I just don't eat a lot and I'm not ruled by 'what shall I have to eat now'.

I had intially booked a band, but backed out and went for a sleeve a few months later. I know I could have lost the weight alone - but I couldn't have kept it off and that's why the sleeve was for me.

Good luck with everything.

I would just like to reiterate everything that has already been said - I had considered having surgery years ago and only in June went and had a sleeve. It was the best decision I have ever made - it's really hard to think that you can eat the amounts you do after surgery but you genuinely do not feel hungry and food isn't such a big deal (in turns of I don't think about eating and being hungry) wishing you all the best whatever you decide to do.

Thanks so much guys. Really putting my mind at ease. Im fairly certain im gona go for the sleeve. Just have to get funds rounded up/decide where to have it done!

X

Hey ladylou. In the end decided to def go for the sleeve. Just waiting inital appt then hopeful get it booked!x

Back