• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gaining weight before surgery

amy_m said:
me too i bet we all do, but will power from the 9th dec must prevail. x

Of course it will! You are ready for this :)

Of course it will! You are ready for this :)

i am i think just seems so surreal. Dont think its sunk in yet. if im honest i dont know if im doing the right thing. but then on the other hand i feel guilty feeling like that as so many people would give anything for been where i am.

maybe just nerves x

amy_m said:
i am i think just seems so surreal. Dont think its sunk in yet. if im honest i dont know if im doing the right thing. but then on the other hand i feel guilty feeling like that as so many people would give anything for been where i am.

maybe just nerves x

I think you are completely normal. I know in my normal mind it's the right thing. Then there is my panic centre which screams NOOOO!

I think we are not abnormal :)

I think you are completely normal. I know in my normal mind it's the right thing. Then there is my panic centre which screams NOOOO!

I think we are not abnormal :)

Your right.

I like to plan things every last little detail of my life I plan and I can't do this now as I don't know what I'll be like after op. just suppose I feel out of control lol x

That makes too much sense to me! Lol

Lol, x

i never had hot baked beans till i was about 15 my dad was an old man and didn't know you had to heat them :) i still like them cold occassionally

angiemason said:
i never had hot baked beans till i was about 15 my dad was an old man and didn't know you had to heat them :) i still like them cold occassionally

Wow :) I sometimes eat some cold that I have left in the tin. But cant imagine a while tin of them! Lol

I lost my 5% bodyweight, but then put 2.5% back on before my last appointment, they were not nasty about it though, mine was down to increased levels of insulin having to be taken.

Well guys you havre really cheered me up reading all your posts.
I'm gonna do the egg n Grapefruit diet starting Monday. Just hope it will be enought. If I weigh heavier thsan last time when they suspend me, is thatjust till I get back down to what I was or for ages? Anyone know?

I'm not sure it's different everywhere. I just wanted to wish you all the best with starting Monday and I really hope everything goes your way and you get your op. keep us all posted x

loubyl00 said:
I'm gonna do the egg n Grapefruit diet starting Monday. Just hope it will be enought. If I weigh heavier thsan last time when they suspend me, is thatjust till I get back down to what I was or for ages? Anyone know?

I am terrible, I would have started today. I get paranoid lol

I think some hospitals give a time limit to get back to the weight you were.

Best of luck to you :) Keep posting to keep motivated :)

I'm gonna do the egg n Grapefruit diet starting Monday.

Why aren't you starting tomorrow? Why make it harder for yourself by delaying it 4 days when you would probably have even more weight to lose? How much do you really want this surgery to happen?

Sorry if you think I'm being a bit hard on you, but you aren't coming across as someone who will really stick to the rules post-surgery if you aren't willing to put a bit of effort into it pre-surgery.

I'd love you to prove me wrong though, and I wish you all the best with getting to a place where your surgery is guaranteed.

FuturePerfect said:
Why aren't you starting tomorrow? Why make it harder for yourself by delaying it 4 days when you would probably have even more weight to lose?

I guess I was trying to say the same. I would give myself as many days as possible to shift the weight. You can never guarantee x amount can be lost in x amount of days.

At least cut down in the next four days to give yourself the best chance :)

Good luck x

i agree just didnt want to say it, as didnt want to upset you i eat when im upset x

amy_m said:
i agree just didnt want to say it, as didnt want to upset you i eat when im upset x

Me too. Trying to not be an emotional eater anymore.

I never like to upset anyone. But think starting ASAP is sound advice and not being nasty :)

I'm starting milk diet on a Thursday. It's bizarre starting a diet on any day other than Monday but I need to get out of the old diet mindset I found myself in & make changes now!!
xx

Great attitude, sometimes Monday never comes or you have to work even harder to get the plus weight off you've just put on over the last few days.

Back on mine now after the peanut butter incident lol ah well never mind I have 4 data to pre op

Good luck xx

Back