• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gaining weight before surgery

Mmm sounds nice x Lou we are all here to get you through this please start today. Do this for yourself you need to get into the swing now or post surgery will be even harder. X

Louise1 said:
Amy, I've just had a milk & nas crusha. It was actually quite nice!!
Good luck honey!!
xx

Well done for getting on it now :) it will do you well. If old thoughts creep in, post on here and keep the good work up. You can do this!

Thanks Fuffs. I'm giving myself 6 weeks of it prior to surgery. It'll keep me on the straight & narrow and stop the whole last supper mentality which helped get me here!
It'll also get me used to the reduced intake.
Thanks for your kind words & support though hun. I'll give you a blow by blow account if you're not careful lol.
xx

Louise1 said:
Thanks Fuffs. I'm giving myself 6 weeks of it prior to surgery. It'll keep me on the straight & narrow and stop the whole last supper mentality which helped get me here!
It'll also get me used to the reduced intake.
Thanks for your kind words & support though hun. I'll give you a blow by blow account if you're not careful lol.
xx

Please give us a blow by blow account! Lol

It will keep you focused if you write it down and we will encourage you :) Start a thread in the pre op diet section and we will keep you going :) xxx

can i have nas crusha?

Yeah you can, well u think you can I know others who have had it on the pre op diet x

amy_m said:
Yeah you can, well u think you can I know others who have had it on the pre op diet x

My dietician told me it can be added to milk. I have seen others use it too x

Yes you can, I'm using it in my pre op diet at the moment, as far as I can tell there are only two flavours that are NAS raspberry and strawberry. It must be NAS though, not regular.

Louise1 said:
I've been having strawberry & it's actually quite nice.
I did well yesterday. Not too bad at all. Need to go shopping for some mullerlight & make mousse with sugar free jelly as I find this nice & filling as well as tasting a little but naughty!!
xx

You sound really positive and focused!!! Well done xxx

Is crusha not sickly x

amy_m said:
Is crusha not sickly x

The NAS one is quite lovely. You don't need much either :)

Might give it a go I hate thing that are too sweet, don't laugh I'm in my position because of savoury food lol x

I've been having strawberry & it's actually quite nice.
I did well yesterday. Not too bad at all. Need to go shopping for some mullerlight & make mousse with sugar free jelly as I find this nice & filling as well as tasting a little but naughty!!
xx

how do u do the mousse hun? quantities i mean sound nice x

I am such an idiot.
I weighed 133kg last time weighed at hospital. I thought that was 20st 9lb but my hubby has just told me it is actually 20st 13lb so I have to loose 10lb before tues 6th Dec.
I have been really good all week and lost 6lb already woop woop!
Only got 4lb to loose and I'm starting that egg and grapefruit diet tomorrow.
I feel like a big weight has been lifted (no pun intended)!

Oooh getting a bit nervous now!
xxxx

That's great news well dun hun u will do it ;) x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Excellent news, glad you pulled it together!!

I to was told nas crusha was fine, they only do strawberry and raspberry which is a shame IMO as banana would of been awesome Mmmm

You should be able to lose another 7 pounds by the 6th all the best for your op!!

Well done Lou! I would have hated you to have been refused by your surgeon for the sake of a few pounds. Good luck on the rest of the weight loss journey.

how do u do the mousse hun? quantities i mean sound nice x

Alison,

I don't use yoghurt to make my mousse/milk jelly, what I do is make the sugar free jelly crystals up following the instructions for the first part (with boiling water) and allow it to cool and start to set then, once at room temperature, whisk in as much milk as the instructions recommend. Put into the fridge to finish setting but try to use within 2 days not any longer.

Hope that helps, though I guess that you could use a pot or two of unflavoured yoghurt instead of the milk and whisk well,

Tatiana

Back