• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gaining weight before surgery

loubyl00

I want to shrink!
I have just got my funding through (after 2 years of hoop jumping etc) but have been told that when i attend my clinic appointment in 2 weeks if I have gained weight since my last hospital weigh in (Over 12 months ago) they will suspend me. I have put a stone on.

Has any one else experienced this?
I'm going to try my best to loose weight before the appointment....but lets face it
............. a stone in 2weeks???????

Not easy, especially from a person hat NEEDS bariatric surgery cos she cant loose weight.
Does anyone know if the hospital will be a bit flexible or not?

Help I'm panicking now. Ive waited so long and thought it would never happen and I'd lost heart and put weight on, like I always do...................
:wave_cry:

I can't speak for your hospital, but my hospital will discharge you for even a 1lb back on. You can lose that in two weeks it will be hard for the first few days but after that you will be fine. I'd do one of the liquid diets that's around and drink lots and lots of water. X

I have just got my funding through (after 2 years of hoop jumping etc) but have been told that when i attend my clinic appointment in 2 weeks if I have gained weight since my last hospital weigh in (Over 12 months ago) they will suspend me. I have put a stone on.

I'm going to try my best to loose weight before the appointment....but lets face it

Not easy, especially from a person hat NEEDS bariatric surgery cos she cant loose weight.

Help I'm panicking now. Ive waited so long and thought it would never happen and I'd lost heart and put weight on, like I always do...................
Don’t know if this helps? I have been a type 2 diabetic for 8 years but only started to use insulin to control it about 4 months before my operation and in-between appointments at the Luton and Dunstable. In that time I had put around 12lb on. When they weighed me at my last appointment before the surgery, they were not happy about my weight gain but put it down to becoming insulin dependent. With this in mind they still urged me to try to lose some more weight before the op, but still agreed to proceed with the procedure. I went on the pre-surgery milk/liquid diet two and a half weeks before my date and managed to lose a stone.
Stavros

Only a liquid based diet will shift it.

Lost 13lbs in a week with Exante meal replacement.

Good luck with getting it off!!

I dont know about your hospital but sunderland at the begining of my journey i put on about a stone lost about 8 pound of it and they give me one more chance, but i know alot will not, you can get that off with a strict liquid diet, good luck hun, i am sure you will be fine xx

Louby, it is really unusual not to have had an appointment at the hospital for 12 months -- I think you could add that to your mitigating circumstances.

Most of us from first seeing a consultant are then going through all the tests -- gastroscopy, ECG, sleep apnoea test, etc etc .... and going to and from the hospital quite regularly prior to our surgery review (this probably keeps us on our toes!).

Yes you CAN lose a lot of weight on a liquid diet in 2 weeks (at least a stone) -- find your nearest Cambridge Diet or Lighter Life counseller a.s.a.p.

Otherwise plead mitigating circumstances !!

I would buy asda's own make as its easy on the purse and it's the same. X

amy_m said:
I would buy asda's own make as its easy on the purse and it's the same. X

Asda ones don't make you go into ketosis and are not a VLCD. so means hunger and less weight loss.

The cheapest for a couple of weeks is the avidlite site or slim & save. Exante is £100 for a month of total solution. You can buy a weeks amount also.

Or like others have said the milk diet. Though some will argue that's for liver shrinkage and not weight loss. I do know some hospitals use it for weight loss.

I did the milk diet (thought I was making it up lol) when I was 18 and took vitamins. I lost about 10lb in 6 days :)

Asda ones don't make you go into ketosis and are not a VLCD. so means hunger and less weight loss.

The cheapest for a couple of weeks is the avidlite site or slim & save. Exante is £100 for a month of total solution. You can buy a weeks amount also.

Or like others have said the milk diet. Though some will argue that's for liver shrinkage and not weight loss. I do know some hospitals use it for weight loss.

I did the milk diet (thought I was making it up lol) when I was 18 and took vitamins. I lost about 10lb in 6 days :)

hahahaha bless ya :D

Asda is the same as the one you get from the doctor it contains the same. 3 days on it and the hunger stopped I lost 15lbs in a week. I though that was really good. Do you lose more on the others xxx

On minimins the VLCD experts say that it's more like slimfast. Has more carbs and Cals etc that a total meal replacement diet

Do you have it with no meal?

Maybe we are thinking of different products :)

I've done lipotrim before which is a total meal replacement. I lost less than I did on the milk diet.
It comes down to cost (total meal replacement is very expensive) and time as getting on meal replacement means meeting pharmacists or counsellors.
Good luck hun. It is achievable!!
xx

I think we are lol. You can buy the drinks already made up with milk and it's 214 cals, or you can buy a tub and do it with milk or water. I chose water so it's 114 cals. There are also chocolate bars which are 96 cals and very yummy. You can have low cal lunch or evening meal. Depends if you want to eat afternoon or early evening. I stuck to soup so that I got the best lost as if I went for solid food my body would just retain it. Also because of my size I needed to drink 12 cups of water to keep organs and muscles working fine. People think if they decrease water they lose more weight when in fact if you have more water you get a better weight loss. So I drank more xx

That's what I was trying to think of Lipotrim I was paying £40 a week and I found asda's own is the same lol x

amy_m said:
I think we are lol. You can buy the drinks already made up with milk and it's 214 cals, or you can buy a tub and do it with milk or water. I chose water so it's 114 cals. There are also chocolate bars which are 96 cals and very yummy. You can have low cal lunch or evening meal. Depends if you want to eat afternoon or early evening. I stuck to soup so that I got the best lost as if I went for solid food my body would just retain it. Also because of my size I needed to drink 12 cups of water to keep organs and muscles working fine. People think if they decrease water they lose more weight when in fact if you have more water you get a better weight loss. So I drank more xx

The one I tried from Asda is called measure up. Maybe it's because you had soup it worked like a VLCD TFR diet.
I totally agree about the water.

Really all I did was discuss it with doctor went along to the local drop in centre saw the pharmacist who asked me to fill in details who wrote to GP I was sorted in a week x

Exante you order online and if its before 1pm you get it the next day. No doctors. Just a health questionnaire. Look on this sites sister site minimins for success stories.

Or run down to Asda and get the one Amy is talking about :)

Back