• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Gaining weight before surgery

For the person who asked, the NAS Crusha is not overly sweet but if you were to find it a bit too sweet for you, you could always add less than is recommended - I think I add 75mls of it to 525mls milk to make total 600mls and have that as one of my 5 'meals' of milk for the day - I also make milky coffee with 600mls milk and 2 tablespoons decaff coffee and do that twice a day and then have the rest of the milk (just over 1 litre) in regular portions across the rest of the day.

Tatiana

Am I right in how I understand this, when I go to Luton for my op on 6 Dec if I have put on any weight from the 5% I lost, then the surgeon will not do the surgery? I lost my 5% but between then and now I gained about 2% back due to insulin problems. Seems harsh given all the effort everyone puts in, or have I misunderstood.

Every hospital is different. In my case, If I go to my first clinic (to get a surgery date) if I haze gained weight they will suspend me. If you already have your surgery date I think its OK but others on here know more than me so I'm sure someone will be along soon who can advise you better hun.
x

I have just got my funding through (after 2 years of hoop jumping etc) but have been told that when i attend my clinic appointment in 2 weeks if I have gained weight since my last hospital weigh in (Over 12 months ago) they will suspend me. I have put a stone on.

Has any one else experienced this?
I'm going to try my best to loose weight before the appointment....but lets face it
............. a stone in 2weeks???????

Not easy, especially from a person hat NEEDS bariatric surgery cos she cant loose weight.
Does anyone know if the hospital will be a bit flexible or not?

Help I'm panicking now. Ive waited so long and thought it would never happen and I'd lost heart and put weight on, like I always do...................
:wave_cry:
Can't speak for your hospital but I work at Sunderland in pre op assessment and I know at least one of our surgeons would definitely cancel your op and ask to see you in outpatients a few months later op and if you did not lose by then you would be removed from list. I have known some patients be cancelled on admission for op because they still have not got weight off, and 1 or 2 have had op abandoned because they can see from liver that they have obviously not stuck to pre op diet.
You really have to work hard and put the in extra effort in if you want op.

Yeah, I'm back to my weight at my last weigh in. Got to maintain it now. I'm so relived, its like a black cloud has lifted.

loubyl00 said:
Yeah, I'm back to my weight at my last weigh in. Got to maintain it now. I'm so relived, its like a black cloud has lifted.

Well done!!!!

If the tough talk helped, I'm pleased; if you ignored us and did it yourself - even better! Let's hope it's all plain sailing from here on in, and we're soon adding your name to the Op dates thread.

FuturePerfect said:
If the tough talk helped, I'm pleased; if you ignored us and did it yourself - even better! Let's hope it's all plain sailing from here on in, and we're soon adding your name to the Op dates thread.

I wouldn't say I ignored everyone, but I just had to work through some stuff, it's just better to moan online than it is to moan at my wife and kids, bringing everyone around me down! And my name is on the op dates thread, 6 Dec, next Tuesday!

loubyl00 said:

Well done you!

I was told I had to lose 3st by my op date but put on a stone instead. Thankfully I've now lost the extra stone. 76 days to lose the rest.

Well done again and hope all goes well at your appointment. Ax

Agnes said:
Well done you!

I was told I had to lose 3st by my op date but put on a stone instead. Thankfully I've now lost the extra stone. 76 days to lose the rest.

Well done again and hope all goes well at your appointment. Ax

With determination you will have that off in no time :)

I wouldn't say I ignored everyone, but I just had to work through some stuff, it's just better to moan online than it is to moan at my wife and kids, bringing everyone around me down! And my name is on the op dates thread, 6 Dec, next Tuesday!

That was for Louby, Mark, not you (it's her thread).

But I can be tough with you if you like! (when are we going to have that coffee? I'm back at work on Monday!)

Yeah Agnes you can do it! Stay focussed and get encouragement on here.

x

FuturePerfect said:
That was for Louby, Mark, not you (it's her thread).

But I can be tough with you if you like! (when are we going to have that coffee? I'm back at work on Monday!)

It will have to be Friday, as I'm busy tomorrow, so I'm told!

Back