• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wind pain after eating and drinking 3 weeks post op

danic-johnson

Hi I'm 3 weeks post op and get so much windin my throat and chest after eating and drinking. I tried a stew that was puréed up tonight so was thicker than my soups I've been having but I have so much wing an it won't go away. Has anyone experiences this.

Hi

Yes I get exactly the same. If I eat something like a cracker where I really have to chew I'm ok but things like potato or soft fish just give me really bad pain then I'm sick.

I haven't felt good at all today, I've got a really bad pain near one of my scars and I don't know what it is. I went back to work for four hours today so I dunno if it's off sitting. I was sick as well tonight and I've also had a really bad tummy for the last week. I'll spare the gory details but it's not pleasant!

I'm 4 1/2 weeks post sleeve

I'm 4 weeks post op too, though I had a wrap, and I still get wind all the time, though it doesn't necessarily hurt. Sometimes after eating too much I feel sick and have trouble getting the wind out without it bringing my dinner with it. I'm afraid I don't have any answers, but at least you know there's others with the same problem. I do hope it's not a lifetime problem!

Could it be that you're eating too quickly? The only time I've encountered this is when I have eaten quite quickly and not resting between mouthfuls and then the pain is intense.

it is very easy to do. I know I am a bander, but my provider suggests a "timer" for eating until you get into the habit of eating slowly and they suggest working to this . . .

The 30 second timer should be used as follows.
1) First take a morsel of food
(“morsel” – i.e. piece of food the size of a 50p)
2) Chew carefully for 15-20 seconds
3) Swallow
4) Wait 30 seconds (turn the timer over)
5) Take the next morsel
6) Chew etc

for banders they suggest that Remember – eat SLOWLY! Follow the guidelines and use the band-timer to slow down your eating. If you have not finished your meal after 20 minutes, get up and leave the table. Don’t linger over the plate and make sure you throw any remaining food away. Dont know if that would still apply to you in your own situation, but I found the timing thing helpful when Im used to rushing around and therefore rushing through dinner

i read somewhere that infacol before a meal once on the mushy stage before a meal helps cant remember the doseage. might be worth a try.

Feels like we are becoming babies....mushy food, infacol for wind and calpol for pain lol

Back