• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wonderful Whittington people............,

Meggie

I seem to see more and more Whittington people joining so thought it might be good to have a thread for pre and post op people to talk about it! I may be the only one so ignore this if you don't agree!!!!!!

fantastic idea hunny
cant wait to get to know everyone and hear about their experiences
xxxxx
cant believe we are going on same day for 1st appointment!!!

I know!!! How cool is that! Feel free to share your experience so far and some more info about yourself!!

is this ur first appointment there? as i think my appointment is for the educational meeting thats about 3hrs long so im told, just wondered if you had been to it yet or if this is wot u was going to on the 6th and if it is wot time u there mine is at 4pm

Yes I'm going to that meeting at 4. I haven't met anyone in an official capacity yet. Just had a quick word with kirsten at the end of the meeting. She is lovely!!!!

Hey meggimoo I'm sure you'll have lots to talk about with your fellow patients.

I'm sure I won't be able to stop talking once I get started!! So glad I found this forum or I wouldn't have a clue about half the stuff!!!! Thank you all!!!!!

Hi girls! Just thought i'd add myself to discussions as i am a whit peep too!

Where are all the Whit peeps?????

That would be cool. I've calmed down a lot now. I was very excited/nervous for the first couple of weeks but decided I couldn't go on like that as it may take a year to come!! I'd go mad by that point if I carried on in the same way!!!

My big problem at the mo is I can't stop eating!!! I think it's because I have this in the back of my mind all of the time so react in the same way as when I diet (i.e. think of food all of the time and want to eat ALL OF THE TIME!!!!!!!). Am I the only one to do this????

ive been having days like that and was panicing thinking if i weigh more than when my gp weighed me when he sent referal they would say ur not helping we can do it!!
i know it sounds stupid but cant help it lol

Nah hun it doesn't sound stupid. I have the exact same fears!! But if we could lose weight, and keep it off, then we wouldn't be opting for such a drastic measure would we????? Well I hope they don't hold it against us otherwise I'm screwed!! Hahahahahahaha!!!

Oh and do you like the way I can rationalise things for other people but can't do it to myself!! Guess that's why this forum works so well!!! We can all rationalise for each other!!!

All the surgical team at the Whittington are fabulous - check out the video on the NLOSS website (part of the Whittington Hospital website) so you can put faces to names. I met the new Dietitian yesterday - Lucy - again, lovely. Mr Sufi takes no prisoners but he is fantastic and he listens and he cares and he is always looking for ways to improve his department and the whole WLS experience. Mr Heath - Ive not had dealings with but I understand that he is wonderful too. They operate on Thursdays and Fridays as a rule - 2 a day - Sufi on Thursday and Heath on Friday. They aim to keep you in hospital no longer than 48 hours but of course this is always reviewed on a patient to patient basis. You spend the first 24 hours post surgery in ITU which is akin to being in a 5 star hotel - then the culture shock when they stick you on the Victoria Ward - they do their best but its not ITU! The only criticism I have about the whole process is the Administration - that is lacking in many ways and I would advise that if you want to chase appointments or funding or anything like that to email or call Kirsten and to bypass the Bariatric Co Ordinator - trust me on this one!

Back