• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wonderful Whittington people............,

All the surgical team at the Whittington are fabulous - check out the video on the NLOSS website (part of the Whittington Hospital website) so you can put faces to names. I met the new Dietitian yesterday - Lucy - again, lovely. Mr Sufi takes no prisoners but he is fantastic and he listens and he cares and he is always looking for ways to improve his department and the whole WLS experience. Mr Heath - Ive not had dealings with but I understand that he is wonderful too. They operate on Thursdays and Fridays as a rule - 2 a day - Sufi on Thursday and Heath on Friday. They aim to keep you in hospital no longer than 48 hours but of course this is always reviewed on a patient to patient basis. You spend the first 24 hours post surgery in ITU which is akin to being in a 5 star hotel - then the culture shock when they stick you on the Victoria Ward - they do their best but its not ITU! The only criticism I have about the whole process is the Administration - that is lacking in many ways and I would advise that if you want to chase appointments or funding or anything like that to email or call Kirsten and to bypass the Bariatric Co Ordinator - trust me on this one!

That is good to know! I have met Kirsten at the July support group who is absolutely lovely. I only have 15 days until my group meeting. Can't wait!! The wait it doing my head in!!!!

Ooooooh 14 days now it's past midnight!!! ;-)

ooooooooooooh only 13 days now till we go meggie i cant wait im getting so excited!!

thanks for the info caroline ive already learnt the admin is not good i had to phone up dr sufi sec to find out if they had my referal from my gp as it had been 3 weeks and no letter from them, but when i spoke to her she couldnt apoligies enough and said my 1st meeting/appointment on 6th aug! which i would of know nothing about if i hadnt phoned them but she couldnt apoligies enough and send she would send another letter out to me ! which i still havent got !! so its a good job i phoned them so i will deffo be chasing them all the way lol

fantastic idea hunny
cant wait to get to know everyone and hear about their experiences
xxxxx
cant believe we are going on same day for 1st appointment!!!

I 2 am going for my first app on the 6th August at the Whit maybe we can all meet up for a coffee b4 x

does anyone know when the whitt apply for your funding i was told they did it once they got there referal but im so worried about it i want to get all the info i can?

Hi pinklady, it really depends on ur pct, some pct`s make sure that u r approved for funding b4 u even start the process and that is done by your gp and if your pct does not operate like that then it would most be once you have seen the consultant and if he agrees that surgery is the best option for you he then applies for funding for you.
I spoke to Lorna the bariatric co ordinator just 2 days ago and she told me that people who had their info meeting last week were having their next appointments some time in November as they are in undated with referrals at the mo, so for us who have our appointments in August we could have our appointments in December time or poss end of November.

I have spoken to Lorna on quite a few occasions and i have to sing her praise she has been fab with me and helped me big time as my pct were being arses with me and refused to let me go to the first meeting before i jumped through x amount of hoops and wanted me to see an endocrinologist first, although my go has just done all the bloods needed for all things like thyroid and pcos and diabetes and all were fine so there was no need to see and endo but they just wanted to make me jump through more hoops, and with her help she showed my referral letter to the endo guy and the consultant and they both decided i did not need to see the endo hence me now having the info meeting on the same day as u and Ellen.
Oringinally i had my info meeting booked for a month ago and my consultants app for september so my pct really messed me around big time when they made me cancel my appointments and Lorna was a gods send for me and really helped me.

I think that they are just so busy as so many patients from so many pct`s are referred to the Whit.
From my experiences i also think that the pct`s hold on to referrals for 2 long, i was told this by my gp and i think this is very wrong.

Soz for such a long post so early in the morning lol.
Look forward to meeting you and Ellen at the meeting, 3 MM crew at the meeting:D:D:D:D thats nice that we wont be alone.
Take care and have a good day xxx

thanks for the info hunny
im not sure how my pct works but i dont think my gp has had to apply for my funding as he just said im refering you and that was that as there was nothing more he could do to help me, maybe i should ring some1 up to find out but on the whitt website it says they apply for ur funding for u so not sure. i live in milton keynes and they have there own pct just for milton keynes and have been told from people who live in luton and bedford (which are bucks pct0 thats is very easy and quick to get ur funding from milton keynes as its not a big area covered and the pct are very understanding and quick so fingerscrossed it should just flow. i hope lol.
its the first time ive looking into anything like this as didnt think my doc would ever refer me so just gave up hope, lol. so its all new and im not sure wot im ment to do and not do if u know wot i mean,lol

so ur thinking our 1st consultation will be dec !! sounds a long time!! but very exciting if u know wot i mean. i just cant wait but hope i get all my letter for the appointment as i didnt get a letter for this meeting on 6th aug and had to phone up dr sufi's secertery to see if they had recieved my referal as i hadnt heard anything in over 3 weeks of doc sending it off to them and she check and said i had meeting on 6th aug at 4pm and i was like really i did have a clue. she then said we sent letter out a week after recieving my referal and said sorry as i might of missed my appointment and said she was sending out another to me!! WHICH I HAVENT RECIEVED! so im just gonna turn up and hope for the best with all my other letters or end up making really good friends with dr sufi's secertery pmsl

sorry for going on lol

nice to meet ya hunny and cant wait to get to know you and ellen more
love natalie xx

Good luck at the meet girlies! Best thing to do regarding funding is to phone lorna and ask her how your pct works. Mine did it all backwards! Had to see dr heath, then have all assessment tests done before they would agree my funding. Never the less i don't think it will make much difference to your time till surgery. Just a little frustrating!!!

I will pm you the number.

OH MY GOD ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO!!! WOOHOOOOOO!!!

God if I'm this excited now, what am I going to be like when I actually have to wait for my op!!! OH MY GOD I'M GETTING EXCITED JUST THINKING ABOUT IT! Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

(Sorry!!!)

Hahahaha at least we're as sad as each other!!!

Not long to go ladies, where r we going to meet up for a Coffee as the hill the whit is on is a bloody steep hill lol i know from experience had my son there lol.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Omg u 2 have def lost the plot lmao xxx

Join us. It's great. La la la *away with the fairies*.....................

Coffee-wise, not sure what is around there. What is the actual hospital canteen like? Or anything vaguely looking like a coffee shop/pub in the area???

pmsl very much so lost the plot!!
ITS ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!
SO SO EXCITING I CAT WAIT!!

i havent got a clue either about where to meet up the hospital must have a canteen i would of thought and that would prob be best place cos then at least we already in hospital and can go to the meet together!!!

omg HILL its a good job hubby is bringing me i cant do hills!! lol

Back