• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wonderful Whittington people............,

I'm another Whittington lady but my appointment isn't until Sept. Looking forward to hearing all your stories so I know what I'm letting myself in for lol ;)

pmsl very much so lost the plot!!
ITS ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOO!!
SO SO EXCITING I CAT WAIT!!

i havent got a clue either about where to meet up the hospital must have a canteen i would of thought and that would prob be best place cos then at least we already in hospital and can go to the meet together!!!

omg HILL its a good job hubby is bringing me i cant do hills!! lol

There is no parking in the hospital and very few spaces on the hill, the actual meeting is not in the main hospital building, if your coming from the hospital and coming down the hill its the next building, i will be parking in the swimming pool carpark which is bout 3 mins walk down the hill from the hospital maybe we could meet in the swimming pool lobby they must have a cafe in there so we could have a drink there and walk in together, thats just a suggestion not sure what you and Ellen think bout it.
Chat soon and take care xxx

Hi Whittingtonians
I'm nearly 5 weeks post op and still can't get my head round it, still can't believe I went through with it, that it happened.
I lost a stone on pre op
Another in the first WEEK!!!!
Another one gone by the end of the fist month

Not really getting my head round that either ~it's still so exciting

All the best
Lizzy

Hi Whittingtonians
I'm nearly 5 weeks post op and still can't get my head round it, still can't believe I went through with it, that it happened.
I lost a stone on pre op
Another in the first WEEK!!!!
Another one gone by the end of the fist month

Not really getting my head round that either ~it's still so exciting

All the best
Lizzy

Congrats Lizzy can u tell me how long was it from ur info meeting till ur op date thanks and take care xx

Woohoo....not long now. Haven't been online much in the last few days!! Can't wait though!!!

Hello,

I'm a Whittington patient too. So far I have been to the educational, had my first appt with My Heath which was in June and was supposed to be having my appt with the respiratory team next week but have had to cancel due to everyone at work being off on hols (boooo!). That is now rescheduled for the 7th Sept. Appts always seem to be on a Monday. I agree with the comments about chasing up appts, my jorney so far hasn't actually been too bad but a lady I have gotten to know since the educational has had a terrible time and has had to do a lot of chasing around.

Anywya ladies good luck with your appts. I hope you don't have too long to wait!

xxx

WOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!
not long now girls its on THURSDAY!!!!!! i cant wait
looking forward to meeting you both too
are we meeting up before then? and going in together ill have my hubby with me but he just wants to come to get all the info
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Aye. Shall we meet at about 3? That allows for us to be late!!!

Where should we meet, just rang the hospital and asked them bout parking the lady was not 2 sure if we could park in the swimming pool carpark although its pay and display the only thing she said is to look around the surrounding streets for pay and display spaces which are few and far between and make sure u have plenty of change.
So not to sure where to meet ,we could maybe meet outside the building bout 3.30/3.45 am open to suggestions x

Cool. See you there! I'll be the one wearing a red rose. ;-)

Thought we were going for a coffee first??? I don't want to risk being late for the appointment either!! Hahahaha!!

Where should we meet, just rang the hospital and asked them bout parking the lady was not 2 sure if we could park in the swimming pool carpark although its pay and display the only thing she said is to look around the surrounding streets for pay and display spaces which are few and far between and make sure u have plenty of change.
So not to sure where to meet ,we could maybe meet outside the building bout 3.30/3.45 am open to suggestions x

Thought we were going for a coffee first??? I don't want to risk being late for the appointment either!! Hahahaha!!

Lol maybe we can have a coffee in the canteen b4 the meeting starts, i dont fancy walking more than i have to as the hill is a bi**h lol.
So shall we say 3.30 ish outside the building or if its peeing down then in the canteen where the meeting is going to be xx

ok lady ill be there early cos we are traveling and it takes us about an hour and a half to get there so we are going to find a pub to have lunch if we are there too early but i dont mind where we meet up, surely the hospital has a canteen or something there must be all hospitals do dont they?
so just let me know where and wot time and ill be there!!!

while im here do either of u know who ur under? on my letter it says my consultant has asked for me to go to this meeting!!1 but i aint got a clue which one it is!!???!!! would prefere to have dr sufi if im honest but beggers cant be chooses

or does any1 know if we will find out at the meeting who we are under or if i contact kristen will she be able to tell me?

while im here do either of u know who ur under? on my letter it says my consultant has asked for me to go to this meeting!!1 but i aint got a clue which one it is!!???!!! would prefere to have dr sufi if im honest but beggers cant be chooses

or does any1 know if we will find out at the meeting who we are under or if i contact kristen will she be able to tell me?

Lol my letter says the same but i think i am under Sufi as i did have 2 appointments booked b4 for the info meeting and sufi but then my pct were being bas**rds and made me cancel:mad::mad:
Yes ur right the meeting is in the canteen :D:D:D so we can meet there at 3/3.30 that sounds fine to me depending on how quick i find a parking space.
Not sure what i will be wearing lol, most prob black jeans or black leggings and a black top lol no i am not a goth lmao, soz whats ur first name cant call ya pink lady at the meeting :D:D:D

lol im Natalie and urs?
ill be in black jeans too hunny.

cant believe u got 2 letter before my gp refered me on 22nd june and have my 1st and only letter for the educational meeting ( which i wouldnt of know about as i didnt get any letter and only found out cos i phoned lorna who the told me they had sent it out to me on 2nd july!! but hey ive learned now to keep phone lol
so if we dont get a date for next appointment at meeting then i will be call lorna and kristen to find out why, lol.

i havent had to do anything with funding or pct, getting a bit worried now as was told that the whitt do all that for ya? is that rite or did u have to?

lol im Natalie and urs?
ill be in black jeans too hunny.

cant believe u got 2 letter before my gp refered me on 22nd june and have my 1st and only letter for the educational meeting ( which i wouldnt of know about as i didnt get any letter and only found out cos i phoned lorna who the told me they had sent it out to me on 2nd july!! but hey ive learned now to keep phone lol
so if we dont get a date for next appointment at meeting then i will be call lorna and kristen to find out why, lol.

i havent had to do anything with funding or pct, getting a bit worried now as was told that the whitt do all that for ya? is that rite or did u have to?

Hi Natalie i am Rochelle but i go by Roch.
The only reason i had 2 appointments as it was a cock up, ur meant to only have the info meeting then after that u get the consultant meeting so dont worry.
Yes ur right that the Whit will aply for ur funding either at the fist consultant meeting or second depending on ur case.
Take care hun looking forward to seeing you and Ellen on thursday afternoon xxxx

Back