• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Duodenal Switch Woohoo broke the 20st barrier (in the right direction ;) ) today!

Well big milestone for me this week. I have just moved into the 15s :) . 15st11 now. Not been that since I was 15!!! Nice 39th early birthday present :D

Still struggling a bit with meals. I have to eat really slowly but had a fabulous meal out (Italian seafood, no pasta) last week and coped really well. Felt amazing to be out with friends and not drawing glances :)

Well chuffed :) and thankful to the digital scales that read to ounce level. 19st 13.4lbs :)

Very well done JayBee...A fantastic achievement :D

Cant wait until I break this barrier, I'm currently 24.7 stone hope to break this by christmas...

I have opted for the switch , would you mind telling me if you had many problems was it at Murrayfield what was the best and worst thing about it x

I have opted for the switch , would you mind telling me if you had many problems was it at Murrayfield what was the best and worst thing about it x

Hey Angie. Really sorry never replied to the post, life kinda caught up with me a bit these last couple of months. Murrayfield were great for me to be honest. The nurses treated me really well and with loads of dignity.

Worst thing about the op was the coughing for a few days afterwards. The pain in the tummy region made it pretty uncomfortable to say the least.

One thing I will say to you though is, "Drink plenty of water for the rest of your days." I have had a few days where I have been distracted doing chores and not kept sipping (I can't really gulp down liquids anymore) and don't get through anywhere near enough water. A couple of days like that on the trot and I tend to develop pretty bad constipation. That has led to a more personal and very painful problem. Sorry to be base but let's just say it is like passing glass.

Loving the new start it has given me. Still not really exercising enough but aim to do something about that in the new year. I also still make the occasional wrong dietary choice but can cope much better with a wide range of foods now.

Down to 14st 3lbs now which is great and considering my godfather didn't recognise me and just looked at me blankly when I knocked on his door a few weeks ago, I guess I have changed quite a bit :D

Anyway he is a before and after:

Before (two from around July 09)

DSC02847.jpg

AndJuly09again.jpg

And one from about a week ago.
DSC06959.jpg

Down to a 34" waist now which I am extremely happy about seeing as I was in the low to mid 50s at one point.

congratulations xx

U look fab well dun ;) x

Wow you look amazing thanks for replying to me :) i still don't think i'm actually eating enough most days but try to at least have porridge in the morning and i have been thinking i need to drink more water i'm useless at that :( my muscles have finally started to improve but i'm not exercising at all because of them i would love to go swimming again soon because i loved to do that ( in my pre fat days )and it takes the pressure off my rheumatoid arthiritis too , i don't think i've lost as much weight as maybe i should after the op 2 stone but this time last year i was 21st 4lb and now 16st 1lb so that's all good though xx take care and thanks again :)

best feeling in the world when the weight comes off well done x

made with 200ml skimmed milk 10g protein and 21 carbs, i've been doing a little better last couple of days had some turkey and little bit of gravy and mashed potato made sure i ate the turkey first because i knew i wouldn't eat it all then had some duck breast at tea time which was lovely and soft to eat , i've had some low fat rice pudding too over couple of days it's surprising how much better i feel when i've eaten better :)

well done x

20 kilos down and 34% excess weight down, have to double my vitamins etc can start swimming gently after 2 weeks off work another month then all should be fine and well on my way to new me :)

ive printed out all those lists you sent me so have been trying to vary things a bit :) had a walk today with my dog for an hour and have been spending all day sorting clothes out that are too big loads of empty coat hangers now :) feeling pretty good at the moment thanks xx

Well I had my 12 month checkup last Wednesday and have lost 95% of my excess weight. Down to 12st10lbs roughly (sometimes 12.5) and am very happy.

In general I am coping ok with the protein intake but have to constantly remind myself to drink water. If there is any advice I can offer over anything else; it's drink plenty of water. I didn't and ended up with horrific constipation and now how the misery of being a member of the anal fissure support forum. Trust me the pain from that is something you seriously want to avoid.

Never in my entire adult life have I been under 13st (in fact since I was 13) so I experience new things on an almost daily basis. Need to ramp up the exercise now to really make things right.

Back