• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Duodenal Switch Woohoo broke the 20st barrier (in the right direction ;) ) today!

Wow - you look so different - you must be over the moon!!

I am nearly in the 17s !! It's a great feeling not been 17 something since had my daughter nearly 15 years ago - happy happy happy xx

Great job.

Just been reading through your thread, it's lovely to read all about your journey! You look fantastic, well done Hun!!!

Take care

A x

Thought it was time for a little update. Down to a fairly steady 11st10 now. Sometimes I drop to around 11st8 but all seems well. Health wise, I feel great and manage the pain/discomfort from my bowel complaint I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Couple of new pics I took today.

IMAG0156.jpg

IMAG0157.jpg

I have always wanted a pair of Levi 501s but never been able to fit into them as I had already gone past their max waist size at a young age.

Down to a 32" waist now which I am so happy about. Perhaps gone a little thin in the face and as you can see a little jowly if I smile although I am looking downwards facing the camera which didn't help.

Based on my last post and what the dietician said at my last appointment, I would estimate I am close to 100% excess weight loss now or certainly 98-99%.

Looking forward over the next 12 months or so; I am starting a new job in September after 14 months out of work following redundancy. This is a big step for me as I lost a lot of stamina after the weight loss and bowel problems. Volunteering over the last few months has really helped me to build myself back up. I also plan to look into surgery to remove the excess skin on my tum and inner thighs next year. I want to get fully stable first but it does play on my mind a little and although it is barely noticeable in clothing, I wouldn't go swimming or take my shirt off on the beach sadly.

I can't wait to start the new chapter in my life. 40 this October so I really plan to prove that life can start at 40 hehe ;)

Well done you look fab x

Wow, look at those pics. You just look tremendous.

You do realize no one would ever think you were big, don't you? :D

Let me ask you a question, though. I find the 501s such a pain due to the buttons. I love the fit, but can't deal with there not being a zipper. It doesn't bother you?

Wow, look at those pics. You just look tremendous.

You do realize no one would ever think you were big, don't you? :D

Let me ask you a question, though. I find the 501s such a pain due to the buttons. I love the fit, but can't deal with there not being a zipper. It doesn't bother you?

I first bought a button-fly pair of jeans about 4 months ago having avoided doing so for years thinking I would feel the same. To be honest I love my 501s, incredibly comfortable and no the button-fly doesn't seem to be as much of an issue as I thought it would be.

Maybe I'll try them then. I need to wear boys' jeans (no butt post DS:D) and the boys' 505s (which are the ones I used to wear) are all distressed in the front. I like them 1 shade & they did have the boys in the 501s. I think I'll give them a shot.

Thanks.

Been quite a while since I last posted on here so thought I would do an update. I have settled around 11st 6lbs although at one point I did dip to 10st 4lbs but don't think I looked well for it and carried no muscle on my body at all. I now regularly exercise and have got back into cycling in a big way so much of my regained weight is muscle mass I am pleased to say.

The DS has really given me a new lease of life and since my last post I started a new job in September 12 and worked there for 5 months before moving into a new career in January of this year where I am going from strength to strength. I still have some bowel related problems sadly and have chosen to merely pain manage rather than seek surgery but that suits my needs. Life is pretty good and have just started dating after far far too long :)

IMAG0210.jpg

1081_10151166501070674_1902108647_n.jpg

1044770_10151783900567275_1028356800_n.jpg

And my two new friends :)

9af06785-0877-466e-88eb-74f68e908adb.jpg

DSC001210001.jpg

DS certainly isn't for everyone and comes with its risks and downsides but for me it was the right move. :)

Been quite a while since I last posted on here so thought I would do an update. I have settled around 11st 6lbs although at one point I did dip to 10st 4lbs but don't think I looked well for it and carried no muscle on my body at all. I now regularly exercise and have got back into cycling in a big way so much of my regained weight is muscle mass I am pleased to say.

The DS has really given me a new lease of life and since my last post I started a new job in September 12 and worked there for 5 months before moving into a new career in January of this year where I am going from strength to strength. I still have some bowel related problems sadly and have chosen to merely pain manage rather than seek surgery but that suits my needs. Life is pretty good and have just started dating after far far too long :)...

DS certainly isn't for everyone and comes with its risks and downsides but for me it was the right move. :)

Sorry to hear about the bowel issues. As long as you're OK with what you've chosen to do with it; that's what's important.

Looking very good, though. I'm glad to see how the DS has improved your life!

I haven't been on here since June last year so its amazing the difference in you, I have a few bowel problems too but most days cope fine others just glad when the day is over lol.i still think the DS is the best thing ive ever done too ..take care and good luck with the dating although youre probably married by now lol :)

Been quite a while since I last posted on here so thought I would do an update. I have settled around 11st 6lbs although at one point I did dip to 10st 4lbs but don't think I looked well for it and carried no muscle on my body at all. I now regularly exercise and have got back into cycling in a big way so much of my regained weight is muscle mass I am pleased to say. The DS has really given me a new lease of life and since my last post I started a new job in September 12 and worked there for 5 months before moving into a new career in January of this year where I am going from strength to strength. I still have some bowel related problems sadly and have chosen to merely pain manage rather than seek surgery but that suits my needs. Life is pretty good and have just started dating after far far too long :) And my two new friends :) DS certainly isn't for everyone and comes with its risks and downsides but for me it was the right move. :)

Wow. You look incredible. Been through the whole post and seen your pre op pics. There are some people you can tell were big but you look like you have always been in shape!

How has the journey been? I am getting a sleeve done in 4 weeks. Incredibly frightened but excited for my new life and to finally be able to live like people my age do :)

Back