• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Work after op

There are numerous threads on this if you have a look around. I stayed home for 4 weeks and don't regret it. I felt fine after 2 but due to the limited calorie intake in the beginning I was really really tired all the time. Not a lot of energy.

I had the bypass 3 weeks ago tomorrow. I'm so bored that I am returning to work tomorrow although I had been signed of for another week. My work is not manual though it is a desk job so I wont be physically exerting myself. My boss has said I can do as many or as few hours as I want this week depending on how I feel, so there is no pressure for me to stay all day if I'm feeling tired.

You just have to listen to your body and take into account the type of work you do. If my job involved any lifting or bending I definitely would not be ready to go back yet. Good luck x

I'm a bander and I had the op on a Tuesday in Belgium returning home on the Friday and back to work on the Monday. No Problems at all.

Hi

I had a sleeve and was off work for 8 weeks.
I was re-admitted to hospital the day after being discharged due to severe dehydration, so my journey wasn't straightforward :cry:
I also had lots of problems initially with vomiting and getting anything down.
I'm back at work doing reduced hours for another week but am now feeling much better :)

I was off 4 8 weeks.xx

Wow my dr sd i would be good after a week I hope I only took two weeks off. I have an office job but I am pretty busy up and down all day.

I had a sleeve 4 weeks ago today - and it's only been the last couple of days that I've had any energy. The reduced calorie intake has left me feeling pretty beat. Thankfully I took the summer off work but am off travelling round Europe on my motorbike next week and just hoping I have the stamina to do it!!

I had sleeve as well was 8 weeks till I was back to work as I drive for my living

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Back