• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Worried about shoulder pain

mummykcb

I'm getting worried about if i'm eating too much as i keep getting pain in my shoulder. As recommended i'm eating off of a tea plate and leaving some of my food. I'm not feeling full but keep getting the pain. Any ideas?

Sounds like wind pain, which could be a result of eating too quickly rather than it being too much . . .but firstly give your provider a call and get it checked out, or go to your GP if you're unsure. Always better to do so than to suffer on . . .

Last edited:
I would seek advice. There seem to be several theories as to the cause of this shoulder pain. Initially, I have read, it can be the C02 gas. Later on, it can be due to the band pressing on the 'phrenic nerve' which is more noticeable when you are full. It can even be a symptom of nerve damage to the diaphragm caused by the band, itself.

There are probably many other possibilities but, as with any other persistent pain that worries you, seek professional help. You need to set your mind at rest as well as, hopefully, to get rid of the pain!

All the best x

Have you tried eating a bit less and seeing if the pain is there? I've heard it's referred pain from your stomach pressing on your diaphragm but I don't have a clue. I've had it once or twice when I've eaten too much.

If its in your right shoulder it may be unrelated to your band and could be gallbladder. Just a thought as that's where my referred pain was when I had gallstones. Worth checking out maybe? x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

It was left shoulder and someone said about it being something that got damaged in surgery. Well i did leave surgery with a collapsed lung so it could've been that, or that i'm not at my sweet spot yet. Its stopped now.

Was your collapsed lung on the left hand side? If it was, your shoulder pain was more than likely down to that.

Yes it was. Makes sense but didnt stop it being any less painful lol.

Back