• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Sharp pains in Left shoulder

Calm down everyone lol it's not a competition for who's right!!

I'm a midwife and lots of my clients get shoulder tip pain after caesarean sections. It's like someone said - the diaphragm is irritated and it shares nerves with the shoulder tip, thus causing "referred" pain. This irritation can be caused by trapped wind or other irritations like those caused during surgery... So you are both correct!

Incidentally, I still get shoulder pain 9 months post band - and it's always resolved by a good old burp!

here here alice !! a good burp or bottom burp is heavenly relief lol

No offence to you and what you went through but yep, that was just your experience and was probably something entirely different to what most of us suffer. It is not common to suffer for two months with pain.

There is no need to unduly worry new WLS peeps.

i totally agree caz, thats one persons experience but the general cause for this is normally down to gas or gas reflective pain, and goes away with in a couple of weeks.

:copon: whos biffed ? come on hands up its rather breezy in this thread right now lol:D with a hint stale smell of blended veg also :8855:

bet the dog isnt your friend either, thats if u own a dog :D dont light a ciggy u may explode.:eek:

oh theres nothing like good old toilet humour to cheer people up.:massmoon:

i got a hubby and a 8 yr old son i can blame, he rattles off " man farts" louder and better than mine, i must be feeding him to much veg lol

i must practice more lol :D

:sign0131: sorry, me and caz seem to of hijacked this thread with our windy botts :hijack::sign0007:

:479: caz did it lol :8855:

It seems to be heading to the loo...:D

I love it when I do a guff I get that look, but when they do one...they look all innocent...

as u say caz "BRING ON THE TRUMPETS" :eek: :D

well just had a quick look on net and it said as well as ectopic, this pain can be caused by gallstones...not saying your pain is gallstones, but its all in the same area so i suppose i've cleared nothin up at all but just shows that its op related and could be wind or just a side effect of surgery in general x x x

Hi Mintball, can't be gallstones as have had gallbladder out. I'm sorry you had an ectopic pregnancy, but the pain in the shoulder thing is weird. Our bodies are a real mystery to me.

Back