• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

worried about surgery

Tracey37

Hi everyone ,

I just heard some sad news on another fourm i joint last month ,

a man died 11 days after his bypass he had a leak from a part of the bowel which causes him to have a heart attack, then got infection,

so sorry to put this on here but it has upset me so much i now thinking not to have my gastric sleeve surgery , i know there risks to all surgery and i know the risks are low ,
but this has made me think twice he was only 41 :cry:

oh thats very sad Tracey :( you just have to weigh up the pro's and cons and decide which you would rather have. I'm actually watching fat doctor atm which i recorded. I know the risks of surgery, but i also know that I will have a shorter life without it. It really is the last resort and I believe that you have to be certain before going under the knife, you have a few weeks yet before your surgery so you can always back out if you want to. Good luck with whatever you decide honey :) xxx

All I would say is, you have heard about one man that has sadly had complications and passed away, but how many positive cases with successful surgeries have you seen on here.

As you say, all operations must be considered as serious, but there are mire successes than fatalities.

But the end result has to be your choice of course.

These stories are always sad to hear and i can't imagine what the immediate family are feeling:cry:

It just shows that this operation should NEVER be taken as if it's a stroll in the Park....and anyone who thinks it's the easiest option should just take a step back and think about what they're saying.

Good luck with what you decide for yourself Tracy

Take Care

Andy x

Andy1968 said:
These stories are always sad to hear and i can't imagine what the immediate family are feeling:cry:

It just shows that this operation should NEVER be taken as if it's a stroll in the Park....and anyone who thinks it's the easiest option should just take a step back and think about what they're saying.

Good luck with what you decide for yourself Tracy

Take Care

Andy x

Couldn't have said it better myself.

This is an hard option. No crystal ball can tell us in 20 years down the line the bypass will cause a complication.

I guess all we can do is make the best decision we can for ourselves.

I am also sure the procedures have developed in the last 11 years.

Good luck with deciding (((hugs)))

This story is sooo sad :( R.I.P to this poor man and sending my prayers out to his family xxx

Its the 1 in 200 we all have to decide wether its a risk we will take BUT any surgery for anyone carrys a risk even having wisdom teeth out some die.
How long do you think you will live without surgery ??? is the risk worth it to you ???

Thanks guys

I think what is was just seeing it posted made it real for a moment , I know there are risks with all surgerys . But as i got to look at it if i dont have surgery i am shorting my life spam anyway .

I was just so nevorus reading that post tonight , even more so cause i dont have the support from my family , i am going through the op cause i know it will help my health problems and i only 37yrs of age . thanks for your support guys ,xxxx

and my thought go out to his family xx

Hun u be fine and the sleeve is not as traumatic , I was worried sick but there was no need xxx

Back