• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Dad has had heart attack. Genetic?

I know exactly what you're going through hun.
My Dad had a heart attack at 52. He's 13 stones so not majorly overweight and had stents & recovery. It was touch & go and we said our last goodbyes before he pulled through. He then had a stroke and is quite badly disabled.
Exactly 12 months later my Mam at 50 and 9 stones had a heart attack. She was dead for 35 minutes so we thought she wouldn't pull through and if she lived we were told she would be permanently vegetated. Thanks to the amazing medical care she received she is able to look after herself and get about but she isn't my Mam anymore (I'm sure many of you know what I mean).
That's why I had the op. I turned down a genetic test to see if I carry genes which predispose me to heart attacks and have decided to get fit & healthy and fight it on my own terms.
Big hugs hun.
xx

Poor you Louise, you've really been through the mill with your parents. Its awful when their mortality hits you, isnt it. Makes you realise that they wont be around for ever. xxx

Anyway, the balloon pump is out, its a waiting game now for 48 hours, to see whether his heart function stays up or drops again. Fingers crossed xx

Dad's heart is finally on the mend :):):):) PHEW!!!

BUT his kidneys arent functioning at all well. They are trying a last resort infusion to get them back to a reasonable level, but it is very likely that dad will need permanent dialysis. So, i will get checked to see if there is any chance of donating a kidney. Its unlikely, as my blood group is AB+, but i would like to know one way or the other.

At least the immediate threat of losing him is over.

I'm glad to see that you are over that hurdle and wish you well in the next move forward with your dad.
Lynne x

Glad ur dads over the worse Hun x

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

Just a quickie to say I am not on wls much at the mo as my dad is still v poorly and I am back and forth to Ireland. He is now in an induced coma to have a good rest.hopefully this will do same good x

Thinking good thoughts for you and your family Becky.

Mx

Back