• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would it be too late?

Hey I'm due to go for surgery in four days time, after i had my consultation & booked i thought i wouldn't be able to go ahead with surgery,I stopped doing the pre op diet as I thought I wouldn't be able to have surgery, now that I am able to would it be too late as I haven't followed pre op and only have 4 days to go so panicking a little as I really want to go ahead..

Last edited:
what have you been eating? and are you going private? have a word with your team tomorrow, good luck :) x

Hi caren, I've eaten everything complete Christmas pig out :( yes going private will have to phone them tomorrow morning
aww :( well it may be ok, check with them in the morning, they might arrange another date, or just be able to do it, good luck sweet :) x

Hi,
I would get onto the pre-op diet asap, and then speak to your team. They will make the call. I know someone who was "healthy" so no co-morbidities (spl?), and was rather on the lower end of the obese scale, and was only given 3 days notice of the op, so had the same amount of time to prepare.

Let your team make the call, if they think it is in your best interest, they may suggest delaying the op for a week or so. (the last thing you will want is to go through an op, only to find that they couldnt do it... and you may have to wait even longer for a further op.)

Good luck!

SNx

Hi

I know when I had my bypass I was told I only needed to do it for 1 week as I was at the bottom end of acceptable weight, depending on what your BMI is will depend on how long you need to do it for.

Speak to your team and ask, as its better to re schedule rather than be put under and them not be able to do the surgery because your liver was too big, and going private you wouldn't get any of your money back because its your fault not there's.

Paul

Hi

I'm having band on 12th Jan and I don't need to do any Pre-op diet. Think it does depend on your BMI though. Doc had a feel of my tummy at assessment appointment so perhaps they can tell the size of your liver?

Good luck

Hi. My doctor only suggested a high protein diet for a week before surgery. I started at 118 kilos if that helps? I've heard somewhere on here that some surgeons don't believe in the pre op diets at all. I'm sure you'll be ok. They should scan your stomach before anyway to check your liver size? Good luck Hun! X

Back