• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

would my weightloss surgeon be bale to help me with getting a tummytuck?...

cherry

:confused:

your WLS team might be able to refer you to plastics once you meet the BMI requirements, but most people get their GP to refer them x

Mr Small will refer patients to plastics - or, at least, he did. Not sure how this will work with all the funding restrictions.

not from sunderland chick no funding no more, u need a gp referal for that x

Mr Small will refer patients to plastics - or, at least, he did. Not sure how this will work with all the funding restrictions.

goal posts have changed Gill they dont refere no more as theres no cash to fund it x :(

In my PCT now they tell you during the pre WLS surgery stage that they no longer fund plastics after. :(
I have a very big piggy bank to fill!

My cousin lost 7 st and was referred by gp insunderland for tummy tuck... Her op is in march!!! If there is a medical need they do it (psycholgical or physical) . She was referred in dec 2010 it's only 12-14 wk wait. It will be done at Durham x

Also jayne said they do make referals straight from wls consultant but as liz said that was b4 cash flow & coalation gov took over in may x

Also jayne said they do make referals straight from wls consultant but as liz said that was b4 cash flow & coalation gov took over in may x

Jayne was correct when she said what she did at the time but theres now major funding issues and that info she gave then no longer stands now, gp referal is the way to go regarding plastics now, i had my t/t at Durham too, bmi has to 28 or 2 years post op x

I know as the pct's are no longer there and the cash goes to the gps... So guess it's their call!!! It will be changed again by time I need it anyway :-/
Looking fab btw liz u doing mint! X

I was told that there is no more money for plastics in the Northants PCT.

Back