• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Would people in their 20/30`s lose weight faster than us oldies after wls:)

Roch

Shrinking away nicely :)
Hi all i was just wondering what ur thoughts were about people say in their late 20`s to 30`s losing weight faster than us older ones in our 40`s:D:D
They say the older we get our metabolism slows down but would that apply to me at nearly 42 and does this still apply after wls.
Thanks and take care xx

I think you're thinking too much!!!

Age does play a part as does gender and simply genes. However this (wls) isn't conventional weight loss. Either way you WILL lose weight and the bigger you are the quicker it will come off initially regardless of age.

I think you're thinking too much!!!

Age does play a part as does gender and simply genes. However this (wls) isn't conventional weight loss. Either way you WILL lose weight and the bigger you are the quicker it will come off initially regardless of age.

Nothing new i always think 2 much :D:D:D then get in a panic lol xx

Hi Roch, glad you asked this, as am almost 53 and hoping to get op this year. I also have an underactive thyroid, does anyone know if this plays a part in weight loss after surgery, will my dosage be changed eventually? Thanks in advance.
And good luck Roch, you are a star xxxxx

I'm 41 & I thought that as well, but it was lack of effort on my part after surgery that slowed me down more than anything. Now I have got my backside in gear it's coming off better.
Age maybe makes a small difference but medical factors also effect it...in the end we are all so different it's hard to say.
I think I used my age as a convenient excuse when I knew damn well I was not following rules properly!
Don't analyse it too much, I know you will be amazing x

Last edited:
Lol Roch from another "oldie" here don't think it affects the weight loss but def does affect the loose skin as our bodies don't have the benefit of the younger more elastic skin. I do think the nerves are kicking in which is perfectly normal at this stage. You are going to be very successful at this and you know i'm here you will be great xx

Here is a bit of good news for you Roch, when I went to the hospital on Friday I was told I was still young and as you are only 2 years older so are you.

Roch it don't matter how fast it comes off for either of us, as long as it's off forever!

You know you are gonna be so much fitter, healthier and racing round with your babies, Aaron is gonna get the sack as chief dog walker lol xx

Roch, if I can lose over 5 stone in 5 months at 60 and a lower starting weight than you, you will have no problems!

As someone has already said, the loose skin is another matter, but don't start thinking ahead of yourself. One step at a time. xx

im 60 and its not coming off as quick as id hoped but it is coming off and the inches seem to be coming off quicker im amazed at how some clothes that wouldnt go anywere near me before are now on the big side and I LOVE IT
i now look on it as weight is just a number just like age it is important but if its coming off itll go at its own pace n thats all that maters................kath x

Mornin all and thanks for all ur replies, i think its just my brain working in overdrive as reality is kicking in with my op just 7 days time xx

Hiya Roch,

I am 49 with a underactive thyroid and must admit it has'nt slowed my weight loss down until now but 15 and a half stone in under 12 months. You will do fine i am sure. janey:D:D

I think one of the reasons why our metabolism slows as we get older is we are less physically active. I remember when I was in my twenties and I never stayed still, always dashing about. As long as we incoporate exercise of some sort then I don't see why we can't raise our metabolism somewhat and give our weight loss a well deserved kick!

Back