• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Wow didn't really expect this ...

slimmerkay

... but I've discovered I don't like fast food or takeaways anymore :eek:

I wouldn't have thought that possible. I loved all fast food and takeaways - MacDonalds, KFC, chinese, chippy, indian. And I know I CAN eat them because I've tried - well all except the chippy. But I just don't want them anymore.

Fantastic and much appreciated side effect of my surgery :D

I havnt had any of those since surgery, Im too scared to try lol.........but I must say I havnt craved them atall, apart from when I went past KFC and smelled the aroma and really wanted it. It only lasted a minute though so it was ok :D Well done karen, it must be great to think you dont even enjoy them anymore! XX

Good to see you've seen the light :)

I go to the chippy occasionally for the family but I just don't fancy it now. The thought puts me off big time :)

This is what I try and tell people, your mind changes too!

I picked at a chinese the other night and enjoyed the little bit I had but like you I have been into KFC/MCd etc with daughters and have tried a bit and then thought . . . I am really not enjoying this! So to be honest, what is the point!

This is a great side effect and like you I love them all before.

In the chippy tonight I couldn't smell the usual lovely enticing smell of fish in batter - all I could smell was grease :(

I know what you mean Karen...basically I just can't get excited about food now, whatever it is....and I would have bet someone a lot of money that I would have still been looking forward to eating after this op. However, I'm really glad because my love of food is obviously why I got so fat in the first place...I feel 'normal' now, that food doesn't seem to rule me anymore!

Last edited:
That hasnt happened to me lol I was naughty and had a big mac the other day.

Ah, but I enjoyed the half of a cheeseburger that I had a couple of weeks ago. But the next time it felt disgusting in my mouth and I didn't have more than a bite.

Plus, surely you didn't manage a whole big mac :eek:

I know what you mean Kay...basically I just can't get excited about food now, whatever it is....and I would have bet someone a lot of money that I would have still been looking forward to eating after this op. However, I'm really glad because my love of food is obviously why I got so fat in the first place...I feel 'normal' now, that food doesn't seem to rule me anymore!

Oh I know! I now definately eat to live and not live to eat as I used to. I come to meals times and think, ok got to eat, what will be best for me and keep me full? No longer is it "Oh I just HAVE to have such and such".

That's great!!! Even though I ain't had my surgery yet I'm dieting well cutting down trying to change my lifestyle and the other day my oh had mcdonalds I would of normally had one even if I wasn't hungry but I didn't he also had chippy the other wk a kebab which was my favourite I had a salad pitta and really enjoyed it I felt so proud of myself I just hope it continues and once iv had my surgery I hope I still feel this way, and iv gone of bread and chocolate??? Never have b4 on a diet but just not craving anything naughty like I usually do on a diet I think it's cus I'm determined to lose as much weight as possible b4 surgery xxx

Not happened to me I had a Mcdonalds the other day The chilli chicken sub and it was yum but I have to say I couldnt manage it all. I also like the tower zinger burger from kfc but end up just eating the filling, were as before the op I would have chips and a side of sweetcorn and a box of popcorn chicken and ice cream with the zinger tower lol

i havent really bothered with take aways really, though i have had special chow mein a couple of times, and its lasted 3 meals, i pick out the bits of meat/prawns and veggie bits and a couple of mouthfulls of noodles, and its been nice, but i wouldnt make it a habit though.
got to say though, as some of you might know, im having to stay at my daughters at the moment, after having to be evacuated from my bungalow a couple of weeks ago, and they decided to have a take away for tea the other night, my daughter and i had a piece of chicken fillet each and chips, i took all the breadcrumby stuff off, and managed to eat just over half of my chicken, and i had 2 chips, but i didnt enjoy it though.

I have never been a fan of McDonalds or KFC, BurgerKing however was a real treat in our house and we saved going there for special occasions, how sad! Now, if I am out with the grandkids and they have made my life hell sufficiently enough, then we go to McDonalds and we all have a happy meal each! So where before at BurgerKing I would have a Double Cheese Wopper, large fries and a large drink, I can "just" manage three fish fingers and a few chips and save the drink for later!
We have the occasional take away, we have a fab chinese that stuff their dishes with fresh veg and lean meats. We tend to throw away the leftovers after two days if there is anything left, my husband has had his stomach removed (cancer) this summer as well as me having a bypass so we don't tend to eat a lot.

Back