• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

yeah I managed it

tesmaralda

Today I had to cook the dinner as hubby has had to work I did a beef brisket joint in my slow cooker with carrots and onions. I also did freash peas, runner beans, broccoli and jersey mids (my all time favourite potato)

Well I managed to eat 4 carrots, 1 and half potatoes, 1 broccoli florret, a couple of slice of runner bean and some beef. I had to have loads of gravy with it (made from the liquid I cooked the beef in). This is my first cooked dinner I have managed to eat since my op that is not blended or mushy/sloppy food. I know this might sound like a trivial achievement to some but I actually enjoyed my dinner. So to people that think a bypass will put an end to enjoying your food it doesn't. I know this is still early days for me and thngs could change tomorrow but for today I have enjoyed my food choices. I even managed cucumber, tomato, raddish and corned beef with an oat cake for my lunch. So I have made progress on eating more veg finally.

Well done, ive also found that im just starting to eat better and not being sick so much after meals x

Sounds wonderful!

what a lovely post Terri. You are sounding really positive. I just know that you are going to be one of minimins WLS stars. xx

congrats on your achievement, its nice to know that we will be able to enjoy 'normal' food again :)

That's fantastic news Terri, dinner sounds gorgeous, and a lovely positive thing for me to look forward to! Phil has made some leek & potato soup today nice and fresh, had a very small amount of it earlier and it was soooo tasty. Felt much more satisfying than a bovril!!

sounds lovely Terri :)

I had a real fancy for new potatoes and mint sauce earlier...not sure where that came from but may have to have it tomorrow :drool:

yum yum yum. Terri. You will find the futher out you get the more you want quality tasty food.
Angie the chicken in lime and corriander is one of my all time favs

Thats great news! Its nice to hear that a bypasser so soon after your op is able to eat some normal food, gives me some hope as I'm 3 weeks post op and totally sick of fluids, well done!

Anezxxxx

Well done Terri On your first proper meal, mmmmm it sounded lovely, It feels great eh to be able to eat normal foods again.
Well done on your weightloss so far your doing Awesome!

Back