• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yet another cancellation aarrrgghhhhh

vonnie38

I know i have to be patient,but my last appointment to see the dietician was cancelled,now my appointment to see the surgeon has been cancelled.Its so disheartning.I could just eat anything insight right now but i'm going to try and fight through it.Its been 14 months since i first went to the doctors.I was hoping to be all done sometime in july next year,but the way its going could be end of next year.Or beginning of 2013.:confused:

awww vonnie hope u get sorted soon, im waiting on my op date been 2months since camera test told it will be nov before op seems forever to wait but it will get here in the end, stick with it hun ,.its a long hard journey but when i feel like giving up i just read peoples profiles and look at pics and see the outcome. and dream of how im gona look. the people on here are inspirational and i can assure you there will be a happy ending eventually, were in durham are you i lve in wheatley hill xx

So sorry about your disappointments, time will fly by though I'm sure, had my original op date cancelled just before I started my pre op diet, I was devastated, but have had op now and am losing weight fast. Stick with it you will get there in the end :)

i know how you feel love ,been there a few times on this journey , just gotta roll with the punches , because we have no other choice eh , i just keep saying it will be worth the wait after its done ,,keep strong and we will get there , hope its sooner than you think xxxx

Hi vonnie ,
they did exactly the same to me , I had my surgeons appointment through last month to go on 1st August and two days later had another letter to cancel, I felt exactly the same as you.. I just thought - what's the point ? you do well ,keep focused and then it feels like a smack in the teeth.

same happened to me hun, suopposed to see him in January and cancelled with no new appointment, I complained and kept ringing for a cancellation finally i was given a new appointment in March. Once you do get a new appoinment time will fly. x keep going don't ket it get you down. x

Same here was supposed to have surgeons appointment back in May this got cancelled and was .of seen until 20 July. Kept the faith n used the extra time to try and lose more weight :) LOL chin up it will pass quicker than you think.

I know i have to be patient,but my last appointment to see the dietician was cancelled,now my appointment to see the surgeon has been cancelled.Its so disheartning.I could just eat anything insight right now but i'm going to try and fight through it.Its been 14 months since i first went to the doctors.I was hoping to be all done sometime in july next year,but the way its going could be end of next year.Or beginning of 2013.:confused:

i know how hard it is to have appointments cancled its happend to myself and i diddnt think i would get in this year but i got a call last week and had 2 weeks notice for surgery! so its all happening really quick now.
keep your chin up i know its hard but it will come maby when you least expect it :D

Waiting is the worst part - I was referred for surgery last April and getting my op in September! Almost 18 months and yes - for a while I wondered if it would ever happen. But keep being strong, you'll get there eventually x

Thanks everyone i don't know what i would do without this site.I do feel better already.thanks again everyone:)

Cancellations are the pits! I had my surgeons appointments cancelled last October, then again in November, then again in January, then again in Feb and finally got to see him in June!! Such a kick in the stomach at the time but am a great believer in fate and tell myself that it is all for a reason xxx

You poor thing, I know how you feel as I don't think I have ever had an appointment that has not been cancelled/delayed etc. I am sure the first letter they send is just a guestimate subject to tweaking once they have all fitted their holidays in, lol. Chin up, it will happen & by that time you will have endless patience as a side effect :D

Yeah Vonnie, same as the other girls, I too had appointments cancelled at SRH ...... 6 times! it's so disappointing and now that I'm on the final leg leading up to the op date (when I finally get a date that is!) I'm praying that I'm nit messed about, because it takes a bit of doing getting your head around it all. Good luck! xxx

im like that phone call this afternoon my surgeon broke his leg water sking so im been pushed back to november now im so miffed off with there jobs they should not do silly things

im like that phone call this afternoon my surgeon broke his leg water sking so im been pushed back to november now im so miffed off with there jobs they should not do silly things
Bless ya Bugun! I don't think that they get that it's people's lives that the are messing with! these ops are a big deal to us all and take some getting your head around it all, so cancellations only add to the stress if it all. I hope you get your date soon. Chin ip! :)

Bless ya Bugun! I don't think that they get that it's people's lives that the are messing with! these ops are a big deal to us all and take some getting your head around it all, so cancellations only add to the stress if it all. I hope you get your date soon. Chin ip! :)
ps wish I could spell Bigun!

ps wish I could spell Bigun!

dont worry lynne been called worse well come november it will be 1 year since i got funding but just think they have all ready been given the funding money i know that wales only do 50 ops a year how much interest is that money making and they should us it to fund more op or hire a surgeon to cover for the muppet with a gimp leg:8855:

Back