• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Got a cancellation, now I start the LCLD!!

Tyraboots

Yesterday the Luton and Dunstable hospital rang me as someone had cancelled at the last minute. As I already live in Luton I got a call at 11:30 for an appointment at 1pm. I couldn't believe it, I was so excited!
So I got there, was seen by a dietician, who was also the baratric nurse appointment and the psychologist.
So I get to start the milk diet tomorrow, I have to lose at least 5% of my weight.
Bad news is I have gone up to 153 kilos, 24 stone 4 pounds.
It is such a relief to be taken seriously and to strive to have some semblance of control over food for the next few weeks at least.
The divorce I have with food, will be an acrimonious one, but better for us both in the long run!! So I have just been issued with with my decree nisi!

Good luck on the next trip of the journey :D

Hi

Good luck with the milk diet. Just think of it as a mean to an end. You can do it!

Their is a support group for L&D which meets the first Monday of each month at Putteridge sports centre. Just come along! meet other who are waiting for surgery.

I also live in Luton. Had my NHS surgery in London (long story).

You need to get posting so we can contact you. i think you need 50 posts.

best wishes. You are amongst friends here.

Well done on the appointment !!! :happy036:

Soon be on the loosing side (i'm waiting for a surgery date)
This time next yr we'll have summat nice and slinky to wear.. lol

I LOVE the idea of divorcing food! I've got my decree nisi - my decree absolute comes on Oxtober 7th.

Great news tyraboots. I live in Luton too and have just finished my milk diet on Monday lost 6.5% of body weight which was 17lbs so I was pleased and the dietician was pleased The refeeding diet which I am now on is so much better than the milk diet so am much happier especially as I am off on hols tomorrow morning.
Mail me if you like and I can contact you when I get back from hols.

Jayxx

Yesterday the Luton and Dunstable hospital rang me as someone had cancelled at the last minute. As I already live in Luton I got a call at 11:30 for an appointment at 1pm. I couldn't believe it, I was so excited!
So I got there, was seen by a dietician, who was also the baratric nurse appointment and the psychologist.
So I get to start the milk diet tomorrow, I have to lose at least 5% of my weight.
Bad news is I have gone up to 153 kilos, 24 stone 4 pounds.
It is such a relief to be taken seriously and to strive to have some semblance of control over food for the next few weeks at least.
The divorce I have with food, will be an acrimonious one, but better for us both in the long run!! So I have just been issued with with my decree nisi!

I love the divorce quote...the decree absolute will be the one to frame hun.

Really pleased for you...you must be absolutely over the moon...well done and congratulations.

(((hugs)))

Hurrah for you!! Pleased to hear your news... but the decree absolute will not arrive - never fear, you will still have choice, but much less of it AND not feel a slave to it (it being food!). Best wishes. x x

Congratulations, soon to be divorced. But as someone says you will still dabble you just won't be a slave to it xx

Congrats hun on the last min app thats fab.When is ur next app and how long do u have to be on the mild diet for.
Good luck and have a good weekend xxx

hi, like fairyring i have just finished the 4 week milk diet at l&d,"we helped each other through it". i found it easy after the first week. i lost 20lbs on it. my next app is to see mr Date "one of the surgeons" on 5th oct.
if you need any help or just want to let off steam you can pm me.
good luck.

Back