• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yet another question!!

I'm a side-sleeper & it was about 10 days on one side & 13/14 days for the other post-op

I was on my left side after 5-6 days, and my right side after probably 8 days, but both with support of v pillow, and an extra pillow down by my tummy to stop me rolling any further over. It was a bit longer before I could sleep on my tummy!

1 week b4 i could sleep on my side. was a little uncomfy but i didnt mind. im 4 weeks post op today i slept on my tummy last night, but i had to turn over after a while as the port diggs in.

im 3 weeks post op and can now sleep how i want but my port hurts a little if i bend over hoping this will settle tho eventually. i got a spare duvet for frirst two weeks folded it and slung my leg over it so it kinda felt like i was on my side with no pressure

I'm a bit worried about this as I really can't sleep on my back. My bum in so big that my back and pelvis really are under strain and it hurts.

Perissa, i'm the same. I can't sleep on my back as i wake up in agony with my back, pelvis and hips. I spend all night goin from side to side. I hope i'm going to be able to sleep on my side soon after the bypass. I'm worried now.

memory foam matress is the best investment i have ever made. it molds too and supports yr body so no matter how big yr bum is( mines huge) the rest of yr back is well supported. I have gone from snaching a few hrs uncomfortable sleep to sleeping for upto 8 hrs.

Perissa - me too, and in fact it ws about 3 days before i was back sleeping on my stomach, i'd prop myself up with pillows but end up on my stomach. I think as a rule of thumb your body will tell you when its allright to sleep flat, if its painful then thats probably an indication thats its not time.

Wow liz.. I didnt realise it was only 4wks ago!! I'm ssoooooo I joined minimins hahaha. Now what is a port? Pls forgive me... I'm such a virgin to all this...

And ladies... it must be so hard having a bum with a flat stomach ;-) Mines couldn't be any flatter... I cant wait for surgery so my stomach doesnt pop out more than my bum :)

Champs xx

About a four days until I could sleep on my side and a good few weeks before I could manage on my tummy, like others have said memory foam matresss topper really helps and plenty of pillows to rest your leg on.

Back