• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yippe i'm all done too !

Silversurfer

Hi everyone

I had my bypass on Saturday with the amazing Mr Basil Ammori at the Alexandra in Cheadle and currently on the train on my way home, feeling great, no real pain just a little uncomfortable, nervous as hell being led down to theartre but they were all great and there was no problems, i've even got the hang of giving myself the DVT jabs desipite my phobia of needles.
Thanks everyone for your thoughts, look forward to joining all you loosers now :D

Richard

:D :D :D :D :D Great news Richard, well done :D

Couldn't handle the jabs, you're a braver person than me!

Looking forward to hearing all about it.

Shel

Glad to hear all went well Richard, welcome to the losing side - now just take it easy and rest for a few days, listen to your body and you will feel fantastic in no time at all x

great on a train home ! the relief after it is all done and u r well must be amazing best wishes for speedy recovery

Thanks all, finally go home around 17:30, i was fine until we got in the car for the last hour back, then started to feel every bump in the road, home now with more pain killers inside me and everythings ok. Had my first taste of over eating with my new stomach yesterday, they gave me a lime jelly to eat, which was really tasty, and slid down wonderfully, but i ate more than i should and spent 20 minutes walking around the hospital trying to shift what felt like a brick lodged in my chest Lol, it felt horrible, but its taught me a lesson i needed to learn, this morning i saw my dietician, i have to follow a strict liquids diet for 3 weeks, then start introducing mushy solids for a further 2-3 weeks before attempting anything solid, at the moment though i dont feel like i need to eat, the desire to eat is still there, and i expect will take a long time for that to change.

I'll write more tomorrow about my experience while its still fresh in my mind, but just wanted to say thank you to you all, i've relied on your collective strenght when i've had moments of doubt, especially Saturday being led down to theartre, if they could do it then so can i :D

Regards all

Richard

PS - Julie your right, Basil Ammori really good.

that brick in the chest feeling is just lovely isn't it! You soon learn how to avoid it though. Make sure you take it easy but keep moving.

Hi Richard,

Glad all went well and you are back home safe and sound. I had my bypass done at the Alex in Cheadle by Basil Amorri, and he was brilliant. No problems whatsoever. Fortunately, I only live less than 5 mins from the hospital, so my journey home was quite easy, although I too felt every lump and bump!!
I am now 13 weeks post op and have lost 4 stones 3lbs which I am really pleased about.
Good luck, and keep us informed!!
x

Well done. Can't believe your on a train so soon. My bypass is 17 Sep and looking forward but a little apprehensive about the pain. (bit of a baby)
Loll

Loll - i'm a complete woose when it comes to pain, first thing i asked for was the morphine, the only real pain i can describe is the trapped wind under your rib cage, the rest is just a little discomfort which gets better as the days go on. Saturday went with a bit of a blur, Sunday a little better, they got me up and about and i had a wash, and some drinks, lots of walking around as it seems to adjust and make things inside feel better. So for you or anyone about to undergo this op i'd say its not that bad :character00180: the biggest fear for me was the unknown !

Richard

ello

Hi Richard

Had my op done my the fantastic Basil Amorri.

I am only two weeks post op and have a lot of learning to do now.

Well done Richard,cant wait to hear how your finding it, got my op in 3 weeks. why do you need the injections ? and does everyone ?

Well done Richard,cant wait to hear how your finding it, got my op in 3 weeks. why do you need the injections ? and does everyone ?

The injections were for DVT, i had 5 days worth to take and i think everyone gets them, dont worry they should you how to administer it to yourself and the needle is so fine you wont feel it honestly, even a big girl like me managed it !

I'm now nearly 5 weeks post op and have lost 50lb so far :D

50lb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow that is AMAZING !!!!,can i ask how much you lost on the pre op diet and how much since the op ? you must be so proud of yourself. truly amazing xxx i`m getting really excited now.......

50lb !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow that is AMAZING !!!!,can i ask how much you lost on the pre op diet and how much since the op ? you must be so proud of yourself. truly amazing xxx i`m getting really excited now.......

Pre op was 8lb in 5 days :D and post op i've lost 42lb so far, though i've stepped up my exercise quite considerable as i now feel able to.

Back