• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

You're a Wonderful lot!!!

Red 42

novice bypasser
Hi All

I've been to see my GP this morning to get some Lanzoprazole tablets for the acid problem I've had a couple of times this last week and was telling her my aftercare has still been fairly non existent (I saw her in June just a couple of weeks post op and she was very interested in following my progress as she didn't know much about WLS)

Anyway, she weighed me and I'd lost 6kg since I saw her in June (her scales were within 1lb of mine at home)...she then asked if I had internet access because the best support and information could usually be found online....so I told her about this lovely site that I use most days where people who have had a wide variety of WLS procedures freely give help, advice, support and most importantly come to the emotional rescue of those who need it.

I guess what I'm trying to say is....THANK YOU....to all you Minimins people for being here 24/7, for the unconditional support and genuine feelings of friendship that flow freely on this forum....you really are a Wonderful lot!!!

I for one appreciate you very much xxxxx

Red what a lovely sentiment! I too feel fortunate to have found this group of diverse caring people who are willing to cheer you up, share their knowledge, have a laugh with you or even cry with you. It is a brilliant place to be and belong.

Nic;)

AAWWW - but you are one of these people too!

I know, but I'd hate to think how isolated and afraid I would have felt without this lovely group of folks...and it says something when GP's recommend going online for the help and information you need...don't get me wrong, she's lovely but by her own admittance knows nothing about WLS.

I agree Red its a wonderful place and the best bit no one on here is judgemental. Everyone from those looking into surgery to those well out of surgery and living life to the full all jelp each other.
I never feel stupid asking questions (even though I do admit some of them are daft lol) I dont ever get a nasty or condescending response, thats a big BIG plus for this place.

I love it !! you are all stars

AND congrats red on your goal ! :D

I agree 100%, I would not have coped at all without this site.

My hubby is the most supportive person I know but he just doesn't understand what im going through nor does anyone else for that matter bar you lot and I love ye all x x x x x x

A problem shared is a problem halved and on here an acheivment is joy to all , so great to have a place you can be honest and feel at home knowing at one point in all our lives we have all had a "weight problem" something unless you have had it you dont fully understand it and all the vast emotions and problems that come with it, so yeah we are very lucky to have formed a great place!:grouphugg:

Red what a lovely post and as caroline and margaret said you are also one of that lovely gang. I am so so glad i found everyone don't think i could have got to this point with just over 3 days to go to op if it had'nt been for your support and advice. So like Red Thank you to one and all for allowing me to be part of the familyxx

Aww red, I agree that i'd be lost without this site;)I've tried others and they're ok, but this one rocks:grouphugg::grouphugg:

Hi Red,

What a wonderful commendation to everyone on line.

I only found this site a few weeks ago and I can't manage now without my daily log-in to see how everyone is and to see if I can pick up any more tips and helpful suggestions as I wait for my op date.

I wish there had been a site like this 12 years ago when I had my first surgery. I had the promised op and then was left to struggle on all on my own. Aftercare was virtually non-existant.

This time round it will be so much better with the help of all you wonderful folks out there at the end of the keyboard.

I won't hesitate to ask for help and advice as and when I need it.

My thanks in advance to you all.

Lyn

red this site is truly the best site to be a part of for all forms of wls,support advice friendships all come from this site i for one would not happy if this site was not here its a mind of info for all from all , and long may it continue
regards Steve

Hi Red,

What a wonderful commendation to everyone on line.

I only found this site a few weeks ago and I can't manage now without my daily log-in to see how everyone is and to see if I can pick up any more tips and helpful suggestions as I wait for my op date.

I wish there had been a site like this 12 years ago when I had my first surgery. I had the promised op and then was left to struggle on all on my own. Aftercare was virtually non-existant.

This time round it will be so much better with the help of all you wonderful folks out there at the end of the keyboard.

I won't hesitate to ask for help and advice as and when I need it.

My thanks in advance to you all.

Lyn

Hi Lyn...I went for the meds that you recommended, asked GP for them and she just gave them...no questions asked, I could have struggled along not realising had it not been for this site and people being so helpful...thankyou xx

Yvonne you too are part of minis and you're always there to support everyone in their "hour of need". Because we all support each other it makes this forum a lovely place to be.xxx

Hi Gaynor...I know, and I feel the empathy from you guys....'you walk in my shoes', you know exactly how I'm feeling...that's what makes this special...I just wanted you all to know how greatful I am to be part of this wonderful group of people.
My Husband is an angel, but as much as he tries to comprehend this lifestyle change, he can't possibly know how it feels...you folks can xxx

Im due to have my band fitted soon and I have been getting a bit aprehensive about it, but i have to say after reading all your posts i feel alot better, you are all such a wonderful support to each other.

Back