• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

I would have gone mad long since, if I hadn't broken it up.

Setting step-by-step targets is the best way to achieve them, IMO.

Couldn't agree more Bally. I try never to look past the next stone. Each one is a new battle won and a bonus :)

You HAVE done amazing Yvessa, you continue to move down still. YOu have done fabulously well and still are. Good luck with getting a new job I know its not easy out there on the job front. Right time at the right place. Everything has to be right. It will come you are so determined. xxx

Wow, that's such an amazing achievement yvessa, well done! I love this forum, it shows that the hard work DOES pay off.

I was told years ago that no matter how much I dieted, I would never be slim again because of the saggy skin left behind (by my super supportive step mother).

Although I have to admit this is a big concern for me, especially because of my mobility issues with my back, I'm hoping that the more I lose, the better my back will be.

Thank you for being such an inspiration xx

Wow, that's such an amazing achievement yvessa, well done! I love this forum, it shows that the hard work DOES pay off. I was told years ago that no matter how much I dieted, I would never be slim again because of the saggy skin left behind (by my super supportive step mother). Although I have to admit this is a big concern for me, especially because of my mobility issues with my back, I'm hoping that the more I lose, the better my back will be. Thank you for being such an inspiration xx
Take it from me hun it really does help with the back. I have upper and lower with cervical Spondalosis and although I'm in pain all of the time with it I can honestly say since my surgery 25th Oct last year the pain has halved and is much more manageable :) as for the step mother if putting you down makes her feel superior she's in for a shock because yes I have excess skin but the boost to your confidence makes so much difference leave her to the bitterness and smile at her own stupidity when the sour look marks her face not yours :) good luck x

Yes, you've hit the nail on the head there. It's very typical of her. When I said I was having the weight loss surgery, she said I was waiting my time and would need to have plastic surgery after it, "that's if I lost the necessary weight in the first place". Then my dad joined in by saying that I'd never do it so don't get my hopes up when I said about getting to target! I've not spoken to him since!

At the end of the day, it's not a decision any of us take lightly and I've done plenty of research into it and I know that it is risky, which is why I am going to slimming world to lose as much as I can before surgery xx

Thank you :) It is not easy, but worth it. I will say the loose skin gets me really down, but nothing beats feeling slim.

Good for you. I'm trying to work out what I want career wise at the moment. Been in the same company for 14 years though & it's scary!! :)

Good for you. I'm trying to work out what I want career wise at the moment. Been in the same company for 14 years though & it's scary!! :)
it is scary but the one thing the interviews gave me was the confidence that I could do my job anywhere and the knowledge that I was very valued in my team.

I also found that I didn't want to leave because I am happy in my school so Unless a specific job comes up I will wait and see. I have instead asked to have a couple of afternoons off to spend more time with my daughter.

You know, I think the one biggest thing for me that WLS has highlighted is that life really is too short ... and I have not come through the last 18months just to sit around. I was always active before, but now am extra determined. I have made a decision to leave my job as I know it is holding me back (there is no ambition and every one is very stuck in their ways professionally and personally) - I will even leave with nothing to do to if necessary as I cannot see getting a new job in this debilitated frame of mind is going to happen. I believe everything happens for a reason ... I do not have children or any kind of family but know that is a massive plus for me as apart from my four furbies I have no responsibility so can do what I want, when I want, with who I want, how I want ... bring it on! I will pay the bills somehow and summer coming means the utilities will be considerably smaller bills ... Good luck Yve - the right job will come along, even if it is meant to be a modified version of your current xxxxxx

Hi Yve's
Just caught up with your diary and wow you look amazing, dont mean to be cheeky but you look years younger and so happy.

That job will come along when you least expect it, in the mean time take care.

You know, I think the one biggest thing for me that WLS has highlighted is that life really is too short ... and I have not come through the last 18months just to sit around. I was always active before, but now am extra determined. I have made a decision to leave my job as I know it is holding me back (there is no ambition and every one is very stuck in their ways professionally and personally) - I will even leave with nothing to do to if necessary as I cannot see getting a new job in this debilitated frame of mind is going to happen. I believe everything happens for a reason ... I do not have children or any kind of family but know that is a massive plus for me as apart from my four furbies I have no responsibility so can do what I want, when I want, with who I want, how I want ... bring it on! I will pay the bills somehow and summer coming means the utilities will be considerably smaller bills ... Good luck Yve - the right job will come along, even if it is meant to be a modified version of your current xxxxxx
lilac, the big thing is that I have never been unhappy at work. I am well respected and established - my students like me and I truly enjoy teaching them. I like my colleagues and my line manager is supportive and encouraging and will always encourage me to push the boundaries of my practice. The only reason I am even looking is because I have 'outgrown' my role in terms of experience and my line manager has agreed to help me with this by allowing me more responsibility. However - a little more pay wouldn't hurt lol.

I don't want to leave my school and it's not down to lack of confidence - I am happy there. I know I can get a job elsewhere which has made me more confident but I don't particularly want to move for no reason.

Hi Yve's Just caught up with your diary and wow you look amazing, dont mean to be cheeky but you look years younger and so happy. That job will come along when you least expect it, in the mean time take care.
thanks hon. - I feel younger!

:)

Attachments

• pizap side Comparison 2015 03.jpg
    pizap side Comparison 2015 03.jpg
    140.2 KB · Views: 99
  • pizap Comparison 2015 03.jpg
    pizap Comparison 2015 03.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 103
Back