• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Yve's Photo Diary - 4 years on

Thank you so much everybody :) it was a magical day :)

I think all your pictures are amazing you look really happy and in a dream like trance. Just amazing they really are when you look at your before and now people would struggle to recognise you are the same person. WELL DONE xx

I've just been catching up on here and wow you look fantastic, hope your day was as fabulous as you looked.. Congratulations xxxx

U look so beautiful in your wedding dress it brought a tear to my eye.so very well done.u really are an inspirational women.

Yvessa you've been doing this a long time how do you get over your food blocks I know it's a long process and rakes time I'm 5mths out of a bypass and feeling a little board and deflated with food this I think must be the time in the past when I've give in to diets what can you do to get over it or do you just ride the time out tks deb

U look so beautiful in your wedding dress it brought a tear to my eye.so very well done.u really are an inspirational women.
Thank you honey :)

Yvessa you've been doing this a long time how do you get over your food blocks I know it's a long process and rakes time I'm 5mths out of a bypass and feeling a little board and deflated with food this I think must be the time in the past when I've give in to diets what can you do to get over it or do you just ride the time out tks deb

Hmm, this is a difficult one to answer. In all honestly I don't know. I do have days where I eat the wrong things or I'm out and food is very much out of my control. I minimise this by planning ahead. I just find it quite easy to get back on track the next day. Maybe that's just it - if I want something badly, I will have it within my limits (I do dump and have restriction). And I face the music the next day and carry on. I did join slimming world which really helps to keep my head in the game as its easy to feel like a weight loss bore, but when everyone around you is thinking the same things it helps keep you going. Ultimately, I have had so much support - everyone knows I've had my op and that support lifts me when I can't carry myself.

Wow!!! What an inspiration x
Thank you :)

Hmm, this is a difficult one to answer. In all honestly I don't know. I do have days where I eat the wrong things or I'm out and food is very much out of my control. I minimise this by planning ahead. I just find it quite easy to get back on track the next day. Maybe that's just it - if I want something badly, I will have it within my limits (I do dump and have restriction). And I face the music the next day and carry on. I did join slimming world which really helps to keep my head in the game as its easy to feel like a weight loss bore, but when everyone around you is thinking the same things it helps keep you going. Ultimately, I have had so much support - everyone knows I've had my op and that support lifts me when I can't carry myself.

I've come back to this because actually this is only true now, almost 2 and half years out. Initially for the first six months I was very strict with myself - I do things obsessively until I burn out really. I then switched diets several times until I finally came to slimming world. I was still quite strict then - its only the last two or three months I''m starting to relax now. And a lot of that is because I've called target at slimming world. There's no easy answers especially as we're all very individual in our needs and emotions. My view is hang in there as long as you can, because its easier to have not have had it at all than to have had it and want more.

Tks for your reply I'll think I'll change my diet variety as when I've thought about it I'm quite repetative mainly due to work I wk so many days on and off on an off day I try and have 3 meals a day but when I'm at wk it's 2 meals and 2-3 snacks debx

Definitely plan ahead. Think about what days you have meetings etc - what time you're comin home and if you'll have time to prepare. Things like fish pies etc can be cooked and portioned up in the freezer as a healthy alternative to a ready meal.

I often make lean minced beef with peppers.onions and mushrooms and often add chilli chutney something that is too hot for me to eat on its own but fine when mixed in with this kind of food, can have in a wrap or pitta or jacket or the days when my tummy is not well and I don't have carbs I eat it on its own just protein n veg. Freezes ok too. My old ww leader used to say when we sick of food and in a rut, go out and buy all the fruit n veg we don't usually or have necvr had before look at different ways of cooking and go for it it can also help kick start a bit more weight loss, that is how I found butternut squash. I used to make a lot of that too before and after my op butternut squash soup, butternut squash, red onions and peppers, I used to add bit sweet corn, then use 2 stock cubes vegetable ones and t was real tasty you can have it thin or chunky and it freezes really well for the days we need our veg and don't know what to make especially coming up to winter. Also good for going to the toilet. xx

Just looking through the thread and have to say WOW! What an amazing journey you have had and you looked absolutely stunning on your big day. Congratulations and a big well done :) x

Back