• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

13 weeks out and new house

Oh Nicola I completely understand I too have a lump I'm having a mammogram, a scan and a biopsy on 2nd April, I'm very worried too had a pituitary tumour and needed surgery and radiotherapy, and was hoping for a new start, life just isn't fair sometimes xxxx

Hope you get negative test results too. It's just a tiny thing but I'm a worrier!! X

Best of luck to both of you ladies - I can totally understand the worry as I too was in this position 2 years ago and breast cancer is what my mum died of, I hated waiting for scans and results and thankfully everything came back okay but the worst does cross your mind. Be positive that all will be okay, everything crossed for you both xxxx

All moved to new home. I love it! Eating better too. Just need to get scan all cleared and it will be onwards :)

Hope everyone here ok xx

I've not tried bread yet, I can manage a third of a warburtons thin, might give bread a go, toast would be nice :)

I still find bread too much, it swells up after eating and is sooo uncomfortable. I can manage about half a warburton thin.

Nicola good luck with your upcoming scan hun lets hope its nothing to worry about and great news on managing to eat better :)

However ladies do beware of eating bread though. I tend to avoid it now as I find it makes me hungrier for more carbs and it takes me a few days to lose that feeling ;) xx

Nicola good luck with your upcoming scan hun lets hope its nothing to worry about and great news on managing to eat better :)

However ladies do beware of eating bread though. I tend to avoid it now as I find it makes me hungrier for more carbs and it takes me a few days to lose that feeling ;) xx

I just want to give it a go as I've had a few food issues (Scared to try certain things) Maybe just have half a small slice of wholemeal toast to give it a try?

I was certainly very full after it. I ate it very slowly and left about a minute between bites. I tried white bread last week and that was a no. I had smoked salmon and cream cheese inside so a protein boost and hoping the fibre in the bread will help me with the loo!

I agree about the carbs, but I'm still tying to regain energy after barely eating for 4 months.
So far sushi rice, noodles, brown bread and pasta go down ok in very small quantities. Potatoes in any form are a no.

Fruit and veg all ok, no meat goes down at the moment and I've gone right off it. Getting protein from egg, cream cheese, tofu and salmon.

But it changes everyday! I'm just glad to be enjoying eating again, and enjoying the feeling of control of my eating :) xx

I'm the same with spuds even a teaspoonful feels like lead in my tummy, but I can manage some crispy skin on a jacket, luckily fella doesn't like the skin so we share he has all the middle I manage about a fifth of the skin :)

I just want to give it a go as I've had a few food issues (Scared to try certain things) Maybe just have half a small slice of wholemeal toast to give it a try?

Not having a go hun just a wee reminder that it is so easy to let the bad foods creep back in again and bread is probably one of the worst for us to slip up on ;) x

Not having a go hun just a wee reminder that it is so easy to let the bad foods creep back in again and bread is probably one of the worst for us to slip up on ;) x

I didn't think you were having a go at all hunni, I prob won't be able to manage it anyway as I struggle with a cracker/crispbread :(

I was certainly very full after it. I ate it very slowly and left about a minute between bites. I tried white bread last week and that was a no. I had smoked salmon and cream cheese inside so a protein boost and hoping the fibre in the bread will help me with the loo!

I agree about the carbs, but I'm still tying to regain energy after barely eating for 4 months.
So far sushi rice, noodles, brown bread and pasta go down ok in very small quantities. Potatoes in any form are a no.

Fruit and veg all ok, no meat goes down at the moment and I've gone right off it. Getting protein from egg, cream cheese, tofu and salmon.

But it changes everyday! I'm just glad to be enjoying eating again, and enjoying the feeling of control of my eating :) xx

That's good Nicola I know what it's like being deprived of food ..I struggled for six months with the gastric balloon and barely ate the whole time I had it in. I must be the only person who thoroughly enjoyed their preop diet as I had the balloon out and went straight into preop..I remember Tomato soup was just sheer bliss!
It's weird how our pouches all react differently to certain foods ... 7 months out I still struggle with egg, tuna and salmon. Rice, pasta and noodles are a big no no. They just always get stuck and I have to be ick. I can eat a steak but roast beef is a struggle. Chicken is a strange one, mostly it's a no no unless it's the breast & as long as it's really really moist. Any other part of it gets horribly stuck and can have me retching for a while after eating it.
It's all about perseverance and a little by little as well as sometimes accepting that we have to admit defeat on some things :sigh:

I was certainly very full after it. I ate it very slowly and left about a minute between bites. I tried white bread last week and that was a no. I had smoked salmon and cream cheese inside so a protein boost and hoping the fibre in the bread will help me with the loo! I agree about the carbs, but I'm still tying to regain energy after barely eating for 4 months. So far sushi rice, noodles, brown bread and pasta go down ok in very small quantities. Potatoes in any form are a no. Fruit and veg all ok, no meat goes down at the moment and I've gone right off it. Getting protein from egg, cream cheese, tofu and salmon. But it changes everyday! I'm just glad to be enjoying eating again, and enjoying the feeling of control of my eating :) xx

Your food choices, can and cant's are very similar to me.
I've had the odd beverage recently too..... In practice for a busy social April! ;-0

What a year this has been so far! Have now found lump in breast. GP and I Hoping it's just fat dissipating but got a scan on 31st March. A little worried :/

Hey sweetheart. I'll be thinking of you on Monday.
I had the same a few years back. I was lucky that it was down to fat dissipating from rapid weightloss and nothing else.

Go careful
Victoria xxx

If you struggle with crackers have you tried melba toast, also the 1st bit of bread I tried which was around 5 mnths post op was a wrap and pitta bread. I am still not good with white bread, and just a tad too much rice and I feel like I have swallowed a brick. I am over 2 1/2 yrs post now and will try anything but if I feel any sticking at all I stop.
Yesterday we had a steakpie I had just a small piece One bite of the end bit felt it go all the way down only ate the peas didn't manage the pie. Usually would eat out the meat and leave 4/5 of pastry. Just makes a change but my bodydoesnt like it xx

Back