• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Alcohol.....

Love the carnage this thread caused! I was kind of hoping you were going to come back and say you had 1 Malibu and coke and passes out drunk, making you a very cheap date! ;-)

I'm glad you made the decision about wether or not to drink that night for you though and no one else!

Let me know when you do fancy a tipple and I'll be there with Lisa haha!

LOL Thanks girls for seeing the lighter side, and having a laugh....I was a bit down after being set at by some people on here...but I'll get over it :)

Aww bluebutterflyer just been reading this post don't feel down by wot others say , I payed private and I'm a tax payer and I certainly don't think any worse of u for asking this question, weather ur private or nhs makes no difference we are all one the same train at the end of the day , you have just asked what I'm sure many others wanted too but didn't , I rather our nhs suppled surgerys like this to help out so many ppl then some of our money they waste , sorry for the spelling mistakes and I ll meet you at the bar ;) xx

I'm sorry if you didn't like my comments , feel free to block me. I try not to upset anyone but sometimes you can't say the right thing. Had I of said go ahead your be fine if you have one or two Maybe you would but maybe you wouldn't ! Then what ? Either you were so bloody ill or off your face and wanting more !
as I said I intend to enjoy my life as best I can and I will still have the odd sweet or cake but I really will need to keep this in check as it was those foods that got me here in the first place.
I would not have asked if I was ok to eat chocolate at 6 weeks as I know what the answer would have been and of the uproar to follow !
I paid for my operation but I am very aware that many are waiting or have been turned down for funding so would try not to upset them in any way.
once again sorry if my reply was not what you were looking for and I do wish you the very best .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

I don't think it was your quotes so much I think it sounded a bit like we payed for your band (as in the nhs)how dare you do that , the point I think everyone needs to remember is we are all on here for advice and support not to be spoken down too weather we are private or nhs xx maybe we just stick too talking about coffee in future x

I know for me it wasn't alcohol that got me big, it was purely food (1 drink in a year proves this) So if I have a drink I know it won't end up in a binge with alcohol or food as I have never been the one to have a take away or food when drinking. A lot of us who have been big are whole lives missed out on going out and partying (I know I did) as I always felt too big and the odd time I went out I wanted to be home as I felt people were staring at me. But now I feel like I'm ready to go out and start living my life and if that includes a pub with friends and a few drinks then so be it. This tool is meant to give us are lives back which I hope it does for me. As I say everything in moderation x

I'm sorry if you didn't like my comments , feel free to block me. I try not to upset anyone but sometimes you can't say the right thing. Had I of said go ahead your be fine if you have one or two Maybe you would but maybe you wouldn't ! Then what ? Either you were so bloody ill or off your face and wanting more !
as I said I intend to enjoy my life as best I can and I will still have the odd sweet or cake but I really will need to keep this in check as it was those foods that got me here in the first place.
I would not have asked if I was ok to eat chocolate at 6 weeks as I know what the answer would have been and of the uproar to follow !
I paid for my operation but I am very aware that many are waiting or have been turned down for funding so would try not to upset them in any way.
once again sorry if my reply was not what you were looking for and I do wish you the very best .

Sent from my iPhone using WLSurgery

When i said I felt victimised, it wasnt from your comments...I can take some constructive criticism...Im not made of glass..

I think the way some people replied was harsh, and it did effect me. People dont seem to fathom that we are all on a weight loss journey...and it effects not just our physical being but our mental being too. I was appauled that I was judged, when just asked a question. It wasnt like I wanted to go out and get plastered, as thats not who I am....

Bluebutterflier said:
When i said I felt victimised, it wasnt from your comments...I can take some constructive criticism...Im not made of glass..

I think the way some people replied was harsh, and it did effect me. People dont seem to fathom that we are all on a weight loss journey...and it effects not just our physical being but our mental being too. I was appauled that I was judged, when just asked a question. It wasnt like I wanted to go out and get plastered, as thats not who I am....

Pity you don't heed your own ways.....turning a comment of mine into a thread of its own in order to do exactly the same to me is in fact a fine example. Truth is the initial comment was reflective based on what someone else had put about their friend and not aimed at you but you seem intent on contorting anything n everything. I will in future avoid your posts n comments to prevent a reoccurrence! Good luck :)

If you haven't had your first fill yet, fizzy stuff should be fine because the gas cant get stuck. I drank fizzy at 2-3 weeks and I was fine- with no fill.
BUT before i tried fizzy drinks, I went to a friends 18th 2 weeks in and, like you I'm not a big drinker but before my band I drank cider (booo lol) I drank vodka and orange that night, I only had about four and I was so so so ill! so its a good job you cant drink vodka lol.

I suppose its all about trial and error, it'll be different for every person. xx

Alcohol was one of the factors in my getting to 30 stone, so I'm not going to miss it!

I may have a small shot of Whisky or Hennessy now and again for birthdays and at New Year but the rest of the time I've made a decision to keep away from it. You can go out and have a good time without alcohol.

well i went to a party last night i had three brandy's all with nothing added (lemonade etc) had a great night didn't over do it but didn't feel i was on the outside just took my time and joined in dancing chatting etc :)

Just found this thread and have read all the posts. Since the opening question was asked many months ago I would guess that personal experience has long since answered it!

Some of the replies do come across as judgemental and were bound to upset the OP,who had posted an innocent question hoping for friendly, neutral advice. What individuals choose to eat/not eat, drink/not drink after surgery is their own business. Nobody here or elsewhere has the right to make a moral judgement on any other. Quoting the cost of the op. to justify making such a judgement is questionable at best!

We all have to find our own way, and what works best for us. People who seem to be lecturing from a lofty height, whether or not they mean to seem dictatorial, should remember that they can reasonably comment only in respect of what does or does not work for them as individuals; this varies so much from person to person that there can be no universal hard-and-fast rule.

Good luck to everyone on their own, personal journey.

girlygirl1 said:
Just found this thread and have read all the posts. Since the opening question was asked many months ago I would guess that personal experience has long since answered it!

Some of the replies do come across as judgemental and were bound to upset the OP,who had posted an innocent question hoping for friendly, neutral advice. What individuals choose to eat/not eat, drink/not drink after surgery is their own business. Nobody here or elsewhere has the right to make a moral judgement on any other. Quoting the cost of the op. to justify making such a judgement is questionable at best!

We all have to find our own way, and what works best for us. People who seem to be lecturing from a lofty height, whether or not they mean to seem dictatorial, should remember that they can reasonably comment only in respect of what does or does not work for them as individuals; this varies so much from person to person that there can be no universal hard-and-fast rule.

Good luck to everyone on their own, personal journey.

Good observation girly girls,well said.

Back