• Hi, If you cannot get into the site, be sure to Contact Us. Please be advised that the app is no longer in use!

Announcing the delivery of Alice (band)! I've done it!

hi cheryl, i know that you are really fed up with you weightloss at the moment but i think that you have done really well, because by looking at your ticker since you started your pre op diet your weightloss is one and a half stone which i think is a pretty good amount to lose in a month so try not to get too down hearted x

well i just went out to car and got my scales back in. i weighed myself and in 18 days i have only lost 7 ****ing pounds! i swear to you all that apart from today i barley have eaten anything and i have been doing 20 mins exercise. i am really annoyed by this. it makes me wonder how i will ever loose weight. i cant do anything better. even tho i ate today, it was still all low fat stuff. feeling very pissed off tonight

Oh Cheryl, dont be diheartened babe!

You're a naghty girl getting the scales out like that! You must only weigh yourself in the morning. As soon as you get up, have a tinkle and get on the scales, thats when you weigh your least. We put on at least 3-5lbs in a day because of food, digestion and liquids but we all sweat at least a pint every night in bed and the only safe way to monitor your weight is to weigh in the mornings after a wee!!!!

Hungry days, we'll all get them, especially at the moment cos our bodies are changing and adapting so much. Don't let your heart rule your head. You said your jeans are hanging off you so that speaks for itself!

Some weeks we lose inches and not so much weight. I have my mum meassure me, upper arms, bust, waist, hips and thighs every week and Ive lost 15 inches since pre op so that tells you how much smaller I've got already.

Weigh yourself after a tinkle tomorrow morning and I bet the scales say a lot different. Plus, get some fibergel, its brilliant for sorting bowels out. After not going for a few days I took one yesterday and managed to go properly last night and I had lost another 8lbs this morning. Your body will be holding on to alsorts of toxins that will be released once you have proper bowel movements.

Chin up chicken, youre doing great!xxxx

OMG another 8lb, amazing, fantastic. i weighed myself this morning and lost not another ****ing lb! i am so fed up. seems like everyone is eating about same as me and i aint losin.......
i am stressing now about it all. i reallt thought i would loose much quicker than this. i do on a normal diet.
its putting me in a terrible mood.almost like pre op mood, totally depressed about my weight. i need a fill but quite honestly it couldnt reaally make me eat any less! so thats not very encouraging for me. i get weighed by gp on monday. i had hoped to have had another 7lb off by then. gina u r one week behind me and 8lb ahead!! not fair, but i am delighted for you. keep doing what ur doing. maybe a miracle will happen and i will loose next week. fingers crossed.
x

OMG another 8lb, amazing, fantastic. i weighed myself this morning and lost not another ****ing lb! i am so fed up. seems like everyone is eating about same as me and i aint losin.......
i am stressing now about it all. i reallt thought i would loose much quicker than this. i do on a normal diet.
its putting me in a terrible mood.almost like pre op mood, totally depressed about my weight. i need a fill but quite honestly it couldnt reaally make me eat any less! so thats not very encouraging for me. i get weighed by gp on monday. i had hoped to have had another 7lb off by then. gina u r one week behind me and 8lb ahead!! not fair, but i am delighted for you. keep doing what ur doing. maybe a miracle will happen and i will loose next week. fingers crossed.
x

Yeah but Cheryl,

My staring BMI was 46 so I should lose a lot to start with, then I know it will slow down. You're a lot lighter than me to begin with and like I said, you're not putting weight on, you're not going to the toilet properly, there is so much going on in your body. STOP worrying about it. You're going to drive yourself mad!
Maybe you could even try eating a little more. i've been having more substance than you, so I think on this new weeks diet you're going to see much different results!

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd up date whats been happening since my band.

Its been 12 days now and I am feeling on top of the world so I can now be honest and tell you about my last 12 days!

The day I came out of hospital I was bruised, uncomfortable and slighty "I'm fine" to everyone but was feeling horrible.
By the next day I felt like I had been kicked in the guts by a donkey and wished I hadn't had it done. I don't know why I regreted it, I think i just felt sorry for myself as the day after i was feeling much better. I had people coming to see me which i was excited about as I was so bored stuck in doors on my own. I got dressed and that made me feel better in itself! I was struggling with what to eat, it was boring, although I wasn't very hungry. I was craving sausages! God knows why. But I was! I was looking through the freezer at what i couldn't bloody eat and saw some Aunt Bessie stuffing balls. They were Sausage meat stuffing balls! Da daaaaaa!!!! :)

I made some gravy for dinner and microwaved a stuffing ball and mashed it into the gravy and left it to soak up as much moisture as poss whilst it cooled down. I mixed it about a bit and then had a mouthful. Oh my God, pure heaven on a spoon, I **** you not, at that point this was the BEST thing I had ever tasted! I ate about half with the gravy and waited for the belly ache. I knew I'd been bad as I'd been told nothing that wouldnt go up a straw for 2 weeks, although I did rinse it through my teeth as much as I could be I swallowed it! I didn't get a belly ache! i didn't get an upset tummy, I just felt saticfied! No more cravings, that had hit my savoury G-Spot and it was brilliant!

By day 5 I felt almost normal, I was still bringing up a lot of wind and hadn't got my number 2's sorted but I was feeling better than I had expected. By day 7 a week after the op I had been to the toilet properly, the bloated feelings had gone and I was even able to sleep on my front where I am most comfortable. I even put some tunes on and had a bit of a boogie in the kitchen! God knows what i looked like, stiff as a board around the middle and arms flying everywhere!

The only thing I have really missed over the liquid period was strong flavours. That is something I am doing now, searching for the fullest flavours for my little mushy meals! I have coped with the portion sizes and when to stop eating well, but I miss gulping drinks! I am a big drinker, no wait, i was! I miss getting to the bottom of a cup of coffee before it gets cold! I'm bang on Oveltine at the minute as well, thats a nice filling thing to drink too. I ofter have one of those when i get up in the morning as I'm still not finding tea a very nice taste since the op? Very weird, it was my favourite before that! Still, less milk in take I suppose! Capri-sun's have been my best friend and I went to Morrisons the other day and they had 2 boxes for £3.50! Lovely, I bought 4 boxes! My kitchen looks like the Capri-Sun factory!

i got my dogs Stella and Buddy back today, they have been staying at my mum and dads since the night before my op. i just couldnt chnce them jmping on my belly as I live alone and wasn't too mobile for the first few days and I know they would have mullered me! But like i say, today I feel completely back to normal and my belly is healing beautifully! I'm using my tummy muscles more now and I can feel them aching but I know Im not doing any harm! I'm looking forward to being able to start excersising now and going swimming!

I have been weaning off my anti-depressants for the past few months and now I have come off of them completely. What I have done has made my quite emotional this week, i could have burnst into tears about 3-4 times since the op, but not in a bad or depressed way, in an over whelming feeling way! Which is good! I know I have turned my life around for the better and I am in sch a better place mentally than I was only 4 months ago.

Facing my demons like this has been a massive challenge and now I know what people meant when they told me I was brave to do it!

My weight loss progress has lifted me up and I dont feel half as sluggish as I did a month ago. I look in the mirror and see a different person everyday!

This time 6 months ago, I was longing for a baby. I wanted one no matter what the cost, i was willing to go straight out as a single parent as long as I had the baby I had longed for for so many years. I now know that I was looking for something to love so that I didn't have to address the fact that I didn't love myself. I knew a baby would love me no matter what I weighed or looked like. I now know that when i have a baby, i will have he or she being the best that i can be for it.

I'm very excited about the rest of my life!

x

hi cheryl dont get disheartend hun alot of people dont loose any weight untill they have restriction i had my op befor yours and only lost 10lbs post op it takes time they warned me that in clinic im not expecting any great lose till late dec /jan and after 1 fill i can still eat a fair bit whist waiting for my first fill i could eat like befor i had op this next few months is the hard bit it will get easier xx

hi cheryl dont get disheartend hun alot of people dont loose any weight untill they have restriction i had my op befor yours and only lost 10lbs post op it takes time they warned me that in clinic im not expecting any great lose till late dec /jan and after 1 fill i can still eat a fair bit whist waiting for my first fill i could eat like befor i had op this next few months is the hard bit it will get easier xx

I'm so pleased you wrote that! I was starting to think I could stomach too much and that something was wrong! i cant manage the same as pre op but I can stomach more than a few ice cubes worth which I was told is all I would be able to eat!

hi gina
welldone hun you have done so well..
hi cheryl you are not alone i am 11weeks post op and 19lbs down and still putting on.. i am so fu**ing low i am failing on this one
emma

Hi Everyone

I thought I'd up date whats been happening since my band.

Its been 12 days now and I am feeling on top of the world so I can now be honest and tell you about my last 12 days!

The day I came out of hospital I was bruised, uncomfortable and slighty "I'm fine" to everyone but was feeling horrible.
By the next day I felt like I had been kicked in the guts by a donkey and wished I hadn't had it done. I don't know why I regreted it, I think i just felt sorry for myself as the day after i was feeling much better. I had people coming to see me which i was excited about as I was so bored stuck in doors on my own. I got dressed and that made me feel better in itself! I was struggling with what to eat, it was boring, although I wasn't very hungry. I was craving sausages! God knows why. But I was! I was looking through the freezer at what i couldn't bloody eat and saw some Aunt Bessie stuffing balls. They were Sausage meat stuffing balls! Da daaaaaa!!!! :)

I made some gravy for dinner and microwaved a stuffing ball and mashed it into the gravy and left it to soak up as much moisture as poss whilst it cooled down. I mixed it about a bit and then had a mouthful. Oh my God, pure heaven on a spoon, I **** you not, at that point this was the BEST thing I had ever tasted! I ate about half with the gravy and waited for the belly ache. I knew I'd been bad as I'd been told nothing that wouldnt go up a straw for 2 weeks, although I did rinse it through my teeth as much as I could be I swallowed it! I didn't get a belly ache! i didn't get an upset tummy, I just felt saticfied! No more cravings, that had hit my savoury G-Spot and it was brilliant!

By day 5 I felt almost normal, I was still bringing up a lot of wind and hadn't got my number 2's sorted but I was feeling better than I had expected. By day 7 a week after the op I had been to the toilet properly, the bloated feelings had gone and I was even able to sleep on my front where I am most comfortable. I even put some tunes on and had a bit of a boogie in the kitchen! God knows what i looked like, stiff as a board around the middle and arms flying everywhere!

The only thing I have really missed over the liquid period was strong flavours. That is something I am doing now, searching for the fullest flavours for my little mushy meals! I have coped with the portion sizes and when to stop eating well, but I miss gulping drinks! I am a big drinker, no wait, i was! I miss getting to the bottom of a cup of coffee before it gets cold! I'm bang on Oveltine at the minute as well, thats a nice filling thing to drink too. I ofter have one of those when i get up in the morning as I'm still not finding tea a very nice taste since the op? Very weird, it was my favourite before that! Still, less milk in take I suppose! Capri-sun's have been my best friend and I went to Morrisons the other day and they had 2 boxes for £3.50! Lovely, I bought 4 boxes! My kitchen looks like the Capri-Sun factory!

i got my dogs Stella and Buddy back today, they have been staying at my mum and dads since the night before my op. i just couldnt chnce them jmping on my belly as I live alone and wasn't too mobile for the first few days and I know they would have mullered me! But like i say, today I feel completely back to normal and my belly is healing beautifully! I'm using my tummy muscles more now and I can feel them aching but I know Im not doing any harm! I'm looking forward to being able to start excersising now and going swimming!

I have been weaning off my anti-depressants for the past few months and now I have come off of them completely. What I have done has made my quite emotional this week, i could have burnst into tears about 3-4 times since the op, but not in a bad or depressed way, in an over whelming feeling way! Which is good! I know I have turned my life around for the better and I am in sch a better place mentally than I was only 4 months ago.

Facing my demons like this has been a massive challenge and now I know what people meant when they told me I was brave to do it!

My weight loss progress has lifted me up and I dont feel half as sluggish as I did a month ago. I look in the mirror and see a different person everyday!

This time 6 months ago, I was longing for a baby. I wanted one no matter what the cost, i was willing to go straight out as a single parent as long as I had the baby I had longed for for so many years. I now know that I was looking for something to love so that I didn't have to address the fact that I didn't love myself. I knew a baby would love me no matter what I weighed or looked like. I now know that when i have a baby, i will have he or she being the best that i can be for it.

I'm very excited about the rest of my life!
Hi Gina, I got very emotional about the baby part I`d never looked at it that way but I know what your saying is true. I don`t love me ( at the moment )but my kids do. ( bless em!! ) It`s partly for them that I`ve had this done. Don`t get me wrong i`ve done it for myself but I know that my oldest is now getting to an age where other kids could b horrible to her about my weight and what I look like and I couldn`t put her through that!!

Hi Gina, I got very emotional about the baby part I`d never looked at it that way but I know what your saying is true. I don`t love me ( at the moment )but my kids do. ( bless em!! ) It`s partly for them that I`ve had this done. Don`t get me wrong i`ve done it for myself but I know that my oldest is now getting to an age where other kids could b horrible to her about my weight and what I look like and I couldn`t put her through that!!

That's very brave of you to admit that. You've got to start loving you hunni! You've changed your life already by going for this surgery. Look what you've done for yourself? You havent done it because you don't like yourself, you've done it because you love yourself enough to make you happy and a happy mum creats a happy family! Love ya!xxx

Hi gina im fantastic thanks 4 days post op and including 6 days livershrinking im 12lbs down.
I cant believe how well i feel no pain or painkillers. wounds are getting very itchy but thats a good sign.
Was meant to be on a training course tomorrow and think i may go as i can sit there as sit at home.
speak soon
HC

Hi gina im fantastic thanks 4 days post op and including 6 days livershrinking im 12lbs down.
I cant believe how well i feel no pain or painkillers. wounds are getting very itchy but thats a good sign.
Was meant to be on a training course tomorrow and think i may go as i can sit there as sit at home.
speak soon
HC

12lb is great! Well done, what a lovely feeling! Just take it easy, when you've been at home resting it can make you feel back to normal but then you go out and it hits you and makes you very tired. Keep up the losing!xxxx

Hi glad you are doing so well, your post really touched me and has underlined what a life changing op this can be. Hope you continue to do well and when you are ready that baby comes along.

M

Hi glad you are doing so well, your post really touched me and has underlined what a life changing op this can be. Hope you continue to do well and when you are ready that baby comes along.

M

Thanks M, what a lovely note!

Thank you sincerely!xxxx

hi girls,
i have been waiting constantly on my intolerance to certain foods, it has never arrived! i can seem to take anything, no problem. although i am eating mainly mush. but if you chew anything long enough its mush, right! today is my birthday and i have eaten more than i have been since being on the diet. but still not alot. my g p today was amazed at my recovery and wants to see me fortnightly to keep up to date with my weight. i better bloody loose some this week. its so deflating when u are literally starving yourself and no ****ing weight loss! but i have ( apart from half a turkish delight today for birthday) not be eating chocolate, icecream or high calorie foods.
tomorrow i am going to do a milk and yogurt day. have to go now as kids are not settled because everyone was here for birthday dinner.which i couldnt eat, or should i say choose not too. i made a big chicken jalfrezi, nan bread and pilau rice. mum made a cake. i ate some carrot and parsnip mashed up with curry sauce on it. no cake! feel friggin stuffed. gina i wish i had your weight loss. emma are you eating high calorie stuff? what have they told you is wrong. why are you not loosing? that is ****, you must feel awful. i know i do when i cant see scales move. have you not gor much to loose? i will really get very down if i have spent all this money and it doesnt work. no, it will work. keep a diary of what you are eating.x better go paul is maoning about me on computer while kids arent settled.

Happy Birthday Cheryl :D

Back